• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I hate those days when it gets colder during the day.

Though not as much as I hate it when my washing comes out of the machine and I am missing a sock!
    Oh that does annoy me! You then spin the drum around several times in the hope that it's just stuck and then you have to pull out what's left in the wash basket to find the sock! Then you have an un-paired sock until you put on another load that the errant sock can go into.

Terribly vexing.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Oh that does annoy me! You then spin the drum around several times in the hope that it's just stuck and then you have to pull out what's left in the wash basket to find the sock! Then you have an un-paired sock until you put on another load that the errant sock can go into.

Terribly vexing.
      They sometimes end up in pockets/duvets.

What makes it far worse is Mrs-bp is "normal" about this. She does not care. So she has a drawer of odd socks.

Once she bought a pot of children's odd socks. 9 socks, all 9 a different pattern. Not 9 pairs. 9 singles.

First world problems....

Comment

They sometimes end up in pockets/duvets.

What makes it far worse is Mrs-bp is "normal" about this. She does not care. So she has a drawer of odd socks.

Once she bought a pot of children's odd socks. 9 socks, all 9 a different pattern. Not 9 pairs. 9 singles.

First world problems....
        Odd socks are an abomination.

The only odd socks I have are 'spares' where I've got multiple of the same type but one of a pair has worn out with the other still being servicable. That spare is kept to replace a matching one once it becomes unservicable.

First world problem, yes, but someone needs to sweat the small stuff!

Comment

is this the mumsnet or the OCD thread??

terrible smell in my flat now.
          malay lamb and chickpea curry gently simmering on the hob.
          and the rain has stopped.
          probably not for long though, judging by the speed the clouds are going.

Comment

The only odd socks I have are 'spares' where I've got multiple of the same type but one of a pair has worn out with the other still being servicable. That spare is kept to replace a matching one once it becomes unservicable.

Nah, doesn't work. You end up with two left socks.

It's a real bummer, man.

I'd wondered what all the cheering was about in town.

Now I know.

It just lacked that certain something from the vuvuzela.

Having tramped around town more or less in the dry, it began to rain on the way home, burdened as I was by tomorrow's beef, another 9" of dvds, and a book.

I was ever so pleased to see "Colossus" (for which I paid £20) for sale in a charity emporium for £1.

Oh, and in other news, it turns out that my barometer is about right, there really is a remarkable low in the Bristol channel off Lundy and we may expect gales up to force 10.

It's currently flat calm so I dunno where the gales are at the moment.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all
              Early morning walk to pub for Guinness & rugby.

Home now, planning to do Sweet FA the rest of the day.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Afternoon all
                Early morning walk to pub for Guinness & rugby.

Home now, planning to do Sweet FA the rest of the day.
                Is FA your wife's initials?

Comment

Which is why I always get socks with patterns on!

Anyone would think I am autistic.....

Comment

Post 104,000

Comment

Post 104,000

Comment

Working...
                      X