• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guinea fowl found
    Two in a neighbour’s garden, one hiding under one of our hydrangeas.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Due to an overwhelming feeling on ennui I've just been down the dump with Sunday's harvest of green waste, plus the odd tin or two, and the plastic bottles.

Just as well it was nearly empty because I made a complete pig's ear of the reversing.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Guinea fowl found
        Two in a neighbour’s garden, one hiding under one of our hydrangeas.

Any idea why they went walkabout?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

If they were cats then I'd say they were looking for a better class of slave.

Other than that, WNFS.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Very skittish creatures who prefer to stay on the ground unless something startles them, at which point they take to the air. They have certain similarities to the 737Max, in that their ability to fly is dubious. Most of their body is taken up with a voice box designed to waken the dead within a 30 mile radius. The flying bits flap a lot, followed by gravity taking over and a belly landing occurring (unless they land head first)
            In the wild they would fly up into tall trees to escape predators, but ones that have grown up in chicken runs have less mastery of flying and little concept of how high they need to go to get into a tree.
            We’ve just had a torrential downpour, but even through the noise of the rain, I could hear them calling, so I’m guessing they are still in his garden and will need to be scared by me later to get them to fly back into ours.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea this evening was M&S battered haddock.

It was nice enough.

Tipped the plate whilst eating so it's taken five minutes to pick escaped peas off the floor.

Followed by the last of the ground rice, for which much thanks.

It's on to pudding rice tomorrow so I have to figure out how to make a rice pudding in the microwave.

All rounded off by bergamot free 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

The evening's entertainment will probably encompass Jeremiah s2 e9 & e10, Joan of Arcadia e4, and the Pimple Popping Doctor on Quest Red.

I would assume it's called Quest Red because of the frequent appearance of blood, pus, and gore.

In other news it's pissing down again.

Whilst the sun is shining on the wet leaves.

Where the feck are all these mosquitoes coming from?

Comment

This place still pongs of kipper.

Which I consumed last Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Where the feck are all these mosquitoes coming from?
                  633 squadron??

Comment

dinner has been smoked <undyed> haddock fillets, lightly poached in butter and milk, on well buttered wholemeal bread with a dusting of salt and black pepper.

terrible it was.
                    honest.

really.

would i lie to you?

Comment

Very annoyed with DataGrip, which for unexplained reasons seems to attempt to come up with its own representation of a table's definition, rather than using MySQL's "SHOW CREATE TABLE table name". As a result I couldn't see that a couple of tables in this DB had ROW_FORMAT FIXED defined on them, which was causing an upgrade script that tries to convert them to InnoDB to fail

Wasted a good hour trying to track down the meaning and cause of the inscrutable error message that resulted
                      Last edited by NickFitz; 8 October 2019, 19:41.

Comment

Working...
                      X