• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ The ground rice boiled over for me. Since it was in the microwave I just scraped it off the turntable back into the jug.

Strangelove Mater used to make a speciality of getting it to stick to the bottom of a saucepan with the ring on full so there'd be black bits.

Not pleasant.

Underground worlds has taken us to Cheddar Caves and now we're down a Romanian salt mine.

It's getting cold out there now.

Brrrrrr.

After all the exercise today I'm aching just a tad.

Now watching "Deadfall (1993)" with Michael Biehn, James Coburn, Charlie Sheen, and Nicholas Cage.

Deadfall (1993) - IMDb

Stone me.

Cage is giving a "remarkable" performance.

The film had a worldwide gross of $18k

And, having watched it, I can see why.

Where Cage got that performance from is anyone's guess.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 October 2019, 21:54.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

is this still tpd?
      or should i post a BAL JES2/DFS exit and say i had it for dinner??

Comment

Roast chicken dinner for tea

I only had big spuds left, so I finished up with more roast potatoes than I wanted. Cold roast spuds with more chicken for lunch tomorrow then

Comment

dinner was out, tonight.

roast pork belly ,apple sauce, spuds, etc.

very nice

might go back there.

<hic>

Comment

I watched the rest of the Northern Ireland programme whilst eating, only to find that the iPlayer app had, for reasons best known to itself, had me watching the third one, not the first. So I'll have to go back for the first two before watching the fourth

And the rest of dinner was spent on the start of the maps programme, as if I hadn't spent enough time maps recently

Then, the main viewing was a further two episodes of S3 of Breaking Bad: E3 I.F.T. (TV Episode 2010), and E4 Green Light (TV Episode 2010)

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I watched the rest of the Northern Ireland programme whilst eating, only to find that the iPlayer app had, for reasons best known to itself, had me watching the third one, not the first. So I'll have to go back for the first two before watching the fourth

And the rest of dinner was spent on the start of the maps programme, as if I hadn't spent enough time maps recently

Then, the main viewing was a further two episodes of S3 of Breaking Bad: E3 I.F.T. (TV Episode 2010), and E4 Green Light (TV Episode 2010)

Goodnight all
              I did notice that the iPlayer expiry date for the 'Troubles' was odd. E1, 3, 4 have 11 months but E2 only had the standard 30 days.

The maps one is quite interesting

Comment

Chilly this morning, 4 degrees when I left home

Heating didn't come on this morning as I'd shut the bedroom window before I went to bed. Slightly overheated in the night as a result and didn't sleep as well as I'd like. Window now back open.

Swapped the not so warm, not so waterproof Helly Hansen coat for my trusty Barbour, winter must be coming!

Beautiful sunrise spotted out the tube window on approach to Acton Town. Glanced around the carriage - heads in phones and newspapers, or asleep, no-one saw it.
                Last edited by ladymuck; 3 October 2019, 05:52.

Comment

Morning all

Grey sky.

No current precipitation.

Much cooler.

16 deg C in here this morning.

Winter draws on.

Despite being knackered after all the gardening still had a poor night's sleep.

And the aches extend everywhere this morning.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning

grey and king billy in shivery sarf herts.

Comment

Morning all
                      Overcast and cool here, but not raining. The Wife (tm) has taken The Dog (tw) to work (she is a working ESS after all).

Hair cut, in preparation for part of it to be shaved.
                      About to have a shower and then it will be time to go, unless I can distract myself with something else.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X