• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    About to take The Dog (tw) out for a walk. A bit of sunshine right now and the clouds are mostly up high so not looking like it’s going to rain.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Looks like the water at the bottom of next door's garden has drained away.

High tide has passed, and the marsh isn't flooded today.
      The Gnoll Brook seems to have overflowed & flooded Gnoll Avenue, reminding us again exactly why Water Street is so called.

Either the culvert blocked or there really were rivers of water descending.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, which isn't what was forecast at all

Looks like we're still due some rain from late afternoon through the evening, though

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Yesterday I had a bath (not much water, needed to keep my chest dry). After it, The Wife (tm) decided that the dressing needed changing, so she carefully removed the old one (good job the nurse had shaved part of my chest pre-op).
          While she was admiring it, I asked her to take a photo. Yes, I expect I will have a bumpy scar. Yes, the thread-work is almost like he was doing a pork joint. Turns out there are 11 stitches. I thought he did only 4 or 5.
          No sign of infection and it’s all looking good.

(For the Twits out there, I’ve posted a photo)
          Looks a very neat bit of sewing, rather like a scar in a comic

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Just been to the cemeteries to tidy up the parents' & grandparents' graves.

The forgetmenots on the parents' grave had been sprayed to death and the only thing remaining was a combination of equisetum and couch grass, with the kind addition of weeds pulled up from someone else's plot.

The soil is dreadful, very claggy and it took a while to get all the weeds up.

Also removed the jamjars which had been strimmed and broken.

The Paternal grandparents' grave was easy, being covered in little stones.

A couple of weeds and a bit of moss & it was done.

The Maternal grandparents' grave was covered in couch grass and dandelions and took 45 minutes to clear.

I suspect that Something Must Be Done shortly.

Didn't attempt to access the aunt's grave since the knotweed is impenetrable at this time of year.

There's some Tory nonentity lying at me on the wireless at the moment.

A plague on their houses.

While it picked a little while I was out, the drizzle has strengthened enough for me to hear it on the lean-to roof.

Lunch today was a Pukka pie Chicken & mushroom (Morrisons, reduced) with Heinz baked beans on Morrisons Ancient Grain toast.

Followed by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

In other news, the drizzle is now a minor monsoon.

'Tis hammering on the lean-to roof like it really means it.

<taps screen>

Is this thing fecked again?

It's getting colder.

It's managed to crawl its way up to 18.1 deg C since 8 a.m.

I've had to put a jumper on.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 September 2019, 14:40.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sausages in soft white finger rolls for lunch. Lovely

I popped out the back, and it's trying to rain out there. Won't be long before it gets going properly

16°C out, 21° within.

Comment

The rain's settled in again

In other news, git submodules can be a bit of a pain to work with when you're not quite sure what you're doing

Comment

Busy day today. Will be getting much busier from tomorrow as as the turn of the month necessitates a proliferation of reports.

Currently watching an episode of Arena: Kusama: Infinity about the artist Yayoi Kusama who is mad as a box of frogs but produces some fabulous art. It's only available until Weds am and I only spotted it yesterday. I do wish BBC would share more programmes for longer.

Rain was threatening for most of the day and started in earnest shortly after I got home, perfect timing!

Comment

Teeming down here now

Nice and warm inside with the fire on though

Comment

Working...
                      X