• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Forum playing up again. Something Must Be Done

Grey and rainy out, with added roadworks blocking the inside lane of the main road at the junction with the side road. Not that this affects me in any way, as I have no plans to venture forth in that or any other direction in this weather

Comment

Afternoon all
      Nice to see the forum working again.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Afternoon all
        Nice to see the forum working again.
        I didn't know it was borked.

Though I suppose
        Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        <taps screen>

Is this thing working?
        might have been a bit of a giveaway.

In other news, midway through the washing up I discovered the roast potato and the roast onion in the oven.

Thankfully I'd switched said oven off so they were still more or less edible.

The bottom of next door's garden is still under water.

<hiatus>

Shopping trip to Tesco and Morrisons done & dusted.

<taps screen> Is this thing still fecked? Or am I the only entity left in the universe?
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 September 2019, 14:23.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ah.

you're back again.

been anywhere nice?

more laundry done.

trundling trundled forth.

steak marinading and mushrooms sliced for dinner later.

the auld ailment has kicked in now.

's a hard life and no mistake.

ho, hum.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

<taps screen> Is this thing still fecked? Or am I the only entity left in the universe?
            no, looks like I am.

meh.

Comment

Finally got around to putting away the laundry from the other day. It only takes a few minutes, yet somehow sidling past the clothes horse and moving it around whenever I want to rummage through the freezer for a few days feels like less hassle

Comment

Ah, - there Are lifeforms here.

in pandering to the osteorenalapathy, i'm re-reading reamde, by neal stephenson, since i've got the <sort of> sequel now.

it's been long enough to forget enough, to make it work, i think.

if that makes any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Finally got around to putting away the laundry from the other day. It only takes a few minutes, yet somehow sidling past the clothes horse and moving it around whenever I want to rummage through the freezer for a few days feels like less hassle
                  My entire house is like that: things that have to be moved to get at other things.

However the extreme weeding of books and dead thermometers is improving stuff slowly.

The shirts get hung on hangers off the picture rail, it's a blessing that such things existed in 1935 when the tuliphole was built.

In other news, the water at the bottom of next door's garden is gradually subsiding.

Comment

Light snack: sausage, bacon, and egg baguette. To be precise: chipolatas (4 links), oak smoked back (3 rashers), fried, and sesame-seeded

Oh, and red sauce

Comment

Tea this evening turned out to be a Ginsters Cornish Pasty (Morrisons, reduced).

Sauceless.

It was Very Nice.

Followed by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

That blonde mother****er is talking lying at me on the wireless again.

Oh LHO where are you when we need you so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X