• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Get the window frames unstuck, in time for winter's icy blasts, perhaps??
    Yes, that'd be perfect timing

Sadly, I suspect the trouble and expense of erecting scaffolding would be considered too much hassle compared to replacing a bath

Though the frames could do with a lick of paint again; the shoddy job done last time is cracking quite badly.

Just been out the back, and the large sheet of chipboard on which the old bath is mounted is utterly rotten. I suppose that's what you get for leaving it leaking for getting on a year

Comment

Oh, oxtail soup (Heinz) for lunch, with sesame bloomer toast. Very tasty

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        You having a brain fitted??
        Vocal chords adjusted so he does not sound like a road runner with its balls caught on a barbed wire fence.

Comment

Lunch eaten.

Goats cheese, walnut and fig salad.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Vocal chords adjusted so he does not sound like a road runner with its balls caught on a barbed wire fence.
            Like Ozzy then, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Today’s rugby has been watched.
              Twitter has been read.
              Consultant’s secretary talked to about next week’s pre-op checks.
              GP’s secretary phoned to confirm tomorrow’s procedures
              When you've got a minute, could you possibly do something about https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2682888 for me?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                When you've got a minute, could you possibly do something about https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2682888 for me?
                It looks fine to me?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  It looks fine to me?
                  Nope - look on the General index page, or just under the "Reply to Thread" button on the thread page.

Comment

Expanding ladder thingie (Lidl) brought up from the garage, loft entered, and due to the sun being out, hole located in slates.

After much pontificating, said hole is now bodged closed with bits of slate and lots of epoxy resin and bath sealant.

We shall see what transpires next.

Bowl about to be put in place to catch any drips.

Inspection of the chimney (the "repair" of which led to the slate problem due to the oiks doing the scaffolding) reveals that it was £1000 down the drain.

It needs either doing again properly or taking away completely.

And the roof needs replacing.

I think I'll move.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Returned from Scotlandshire late Sunday evening and kipped in the T5 Sofitel rather than trek home to return again Monday morning.

I didn't get around to going to Morrisons for the much talked about bread in the end. Now I'm back in London I don't have such an establishment in my local vicinity.

WFH today as I woke up to rain persistently persisting it down and decided "feck that" and had a nice lie in. Busy day today and will be a late finish, so all the better for not putting up with the commute.

The rain has continued persisting off and on for much of the day.

WFH tomorrow too, just because I can.

Comment

Working...
                      X