• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    It was indeed chips, sausage, and beans for tea. Very nice

No egg, though. I’m still ambivalent about eggs
    Eggs are great. So versatile. Turn anything into a meal.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Coincidentally the missus got some vouchers for afternoon tea at the Grosvenor in Chester..

Hope I get to choose which one as it would have to be this

Gentleman’s Indulgent Afternoon Tea | Chester Grosvenor
      Depends on the voucher T&Cs but usually it's possible to order more than one type of tea if the establishment offers a choice. I remember having tea at Ting in the Shard (now something else) and they did an Asian inspired and a traditional - my friend and I ordered one of each, of course! That was a great face stuffing afternoon. They just didn't stop bringing top ups.

Comment

The recycling bin has been trundled forth; for bin day cometh!

Comment

The evening's entertainment began with the last hour of "Nixon".

It didn't end well.

Followed by "Spartan (2004)" with Val Kilmer, William H. Macy, and Kirsten "Veronica Mars" Bell.

Spartan (2004) - IMDb

It was rather good in a mad sort of way.

As always, there's reviews giving it one *.

I sometimes despair at the idiocy of morons.

Then again there are films that I think are crap where the morons think they're wonderful.

That's what makes horse races.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 September 2019, 22:13.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The thing in my ear just burst

On the one hand: it’s relieved a lot of the pressure, and will doubtless be less painful henceforth.

On the other hand: I have better things to do with my time than wielding a tissue to mop up matter (as we call it in Lancashire) running out of my ear

Comment

Not much telly tonight: a bit of iPlayer stuff whilst eating, but that was it.

In between mopping up my ear's exudations, I've been getting back into Barbarians at the Gate: The Fall of RJR Nabisco, which I started reading yonks ago but had put to one side for some reason.

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                The thing in my ear just burst

On the one hand: it’s relieved a lot of the pressure, and will doubtless be less painful henceforth.

On the other hand: I have better things to do with my time than wielding a tissue to mop up matter (as we call it in Lancashire) running out of my ear
                Just a pop and icky stuff? No baby spiders or other creepie crawlies?

Comment

Chilly out this morning. Clear skies though. Have taken to wearing my more waterproof jacket but it's OTT for the evening trek home.

It's been a long week this week, looking forward to a lie in tomorrow.

Comment

Morning all

Today’s main job: packing for going on holiday tomorrow.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Grey, very grey.

Wet.Not quite full on murrain of beasts but definitely verging on old women & sticks.

Colder.

18.6 deg in here today.

Winter draws on.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X