• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morning
    CBS and a bit king billy this morning

Comment

Morning all

CBS.

18.8 deg C in here this morning.

Brrrrrrr.

Just discovered the disadvantage of munching away on bran flakes in the evening coz that's all I could find in the cupboard.

Very moving.

Indeed.

Might seek this tome out in a couple of days: "The Second Sleep" by Robert Harris.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Untitled-No...s=books&sr=1-1

Sounds like a take on the future history of Walter M. Miller.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Canticle-Le...s=books&sr=1-1

And, of course, many others.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 September 2019, 08:00.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

CBS etc here. Today will be mostly sorting out car insurance (still not done), getting clothes out for going on holiday and maybe some gardening.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Gosh, another millennium?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              ...sorting out car insurance (still not done)...

Well, that was quick. The rip of merchants who wanted to put my policy up by £100 were able to reduce it to below the cheapest quote I had from one of their competitors. 25% discount for a phone call.

I was tempted to take my business elsewhere because of that. If they can afford to give me discount, then they should give it to me, not try to increase the price.

I'm saving a fortune with this retirement lark - reduced the cost of internet & phone, reduced the cost of car insurance means an effective saving of almost £500 a year.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Well, that was quick. The rip of merchants who wanted to put my policy up by £100 were able to reduce it to below the cheapest quote I had from one of their competitors. 25% discount for a phone call.

I was tempted to take my business elsewhere because of that. If they can afford to give me discount, then they should give it to me, not try to increase the price.

I'm saving a fortune with this retirement lark - reduced the cost of internet & phone, reduced the cost of car insurance means an effective saving of almost £500 a year.
                It is ridiculous that every time at renewal one has to get quotes from the market. Applies to all sorts of things - but house and car insurance are the worst.

Comment

Morning denizens

Lot of clouds out there, with the sun playing peekaboo with them

It should cloud over properly later, but no rain due

Comment

Garden bench which folds out into a bench/table duly assembled.
                    quite a clever piece of design, and reasonably robust, too.

pleased i am.

sausage rolls for lunch, with manly HP sauce.
                    and 1.4 pints of earl grey tea.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      Garden bench which folds out into a bench/table duly assembled.
                      quite a clever piece of design, and reasonably robust, too.

pleased i am.

sausage rolls for lunch, with manly HP sauce.
                      and 1.4 pints of earl grey tea.
                      1.4 pints?

Comment

Working...
                      X