• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First feature tonight was Drive (2011), in which Ryan Gosling mumbles an awful lot for a film where the producer was too cheap to provide subtitles plays a chap who drives; sometimes as a getaway driver, sometimes just to the shops or whatever. In fact, there isn't as much driving as one might expect from the title, as it's more of a gritty drama with occasional action than an action film per se. But it's OK on those terms

And after that, to make up for the lack of action: Black Hawk Down (2001), which has lots of action, almost all of it deeply unpleasant for those involved. I have to say, Ewen Bremner still looks like the junky Spud out of Trainspotting (1996) even when he's in Somalia dressed as a US Army Ranger or whatever they're called

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc here. My turn to get up and let the guineas out, hence being online at this hour.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Grey, very very grey.

Picking with rain.

Happily I awoke before the oncoming deluge because I'd forgotten to bring in the roller towel & pair of jeans off the line.

It's against my principles* to leave stuff on the line overnight.

A nice little spider came in with the stuff & got put back out through the bathroom window.

However that seems to have brought the formication back.

*Not really my principles, more Strangelove Mater's really, if truth be told.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          I probably saw the 66 one.
          I wonder if it was on BBC1 in the full glory of 405 lines.

Probably, because I'm not sure that BBC2 had got this far in 1966.

Yup:

Kilvey Hill transmitting station - Wikipedia

The Kilvey Hill transmitting station was originally built at the summit of Kilvey Hill in Swansea, Wales, by the BBC[1] in 1967 as a relay for VHF and UHF television.
          UHF doesn't propagate very well from Wenvoe in Cardiff, unlike Ch5 VHF.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 August 2019, 08:13.

Comment

In with the hoi polloi.

Off now before the deluge begins.

Comment

morning all.
              CBS in sunny sarf herts.

Comment

Morning denizens

Rather cloudy out, but mainly that very thin cloud, and a fair few gaps letting the sun through from time to time

Should cloud over properly soon though, and there's a chance of showers this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  In with the hoi polloi.

Off now before the deluge begins.
                  It never amounted to much.

Still as grey as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    or a pink floyd song

'and then one day you find
                    ten years have gone behind you
                    no-one told you when to run
                    you missed the starting gun'
                    Been listening to that for 45 years.

I think it's a bit late to be worrying much now.

Instead I'm mostly

ish.

Comment

The rest of the pâté for lunch, this time on wholemeal toast as I forgot to get a white loaf yesterday

It's clouded over properly now, though apparently it won't last and the rain is becoming increasingly unlikely. There's a football game happening, it seems; you'd think it could at least rain for that

Also, it's the Pride thingy today, so they'd probably quite like a rainbow

Comment

Working...
                      X