• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Scruff;2676290

Neighbours mower fixed. Carburettor problem. Champion Shyte.
    [/QUOTE]

funny that, i was fixing my neighbours mower today after feeding the fishes.
    heard a lot of cursing from next door and got the tools out

Comment

I've a little Hayter, does a good job. Will be getting it serviced at the end of the season. The blades need sharpening, but otherwise it runs well.

I could do with firing up the incinerator this afternoon, but I suspect neighbours have washing out.

I think their washing might smell of smoke.

Also, I need to find somewhere new to put the incinerator as the guineafowl are currently caged in to the part of the veg garden where I normally burn things
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Hang on...

If the iron was last used in 2014 but you last ironed in the previous millennium, who used the iron 5 years ago?

Enquiring (aka nosey) minds need to know
        Up until December 2013 it would have been Strangelove Pater, with difficult stuff done by Strangelove Mater.

After December 2013 it was Strangelove Mater when the Care Visitors reminded her.

I never iron anything.

Things last longer if you don't bother.

Until today when that fecking shirt looked like someone had slept in it.

And since the iron was hot, as it were, the button bits on the other two shirts got much the same attention to make them look slightly less crap than they did.

I suspect I haven't turned over a new leaf, though I may get a new ironing board cover from Wilkos tomorrow.

The top of the chest freezer is exactly the right height to lay the ironing down without the bother of putting it up.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          I've a little Hayter, does a good job. Will be getting it serviced at the end of the season. The blades need sharpening, but otherwise it runs well.

I could do with firing up the incinerator this afternoon, but I suspect neighbours have washing out.

I think their washing might smell of smoke.

Also, I need to find somewhere new to put the incinerator as the guineafowl are currently caged in to the part of the veg garden where I normally burn things
          Crispy guineafowl for tea?

Comment

Didn't feel like mucking about with map code, so turned instead to writing parts of the document we're working on. I'd forgotten that writing clear, concise English explaining technical matters can be just as painstaking. Sitting here deliberating for thirty seconds over whether to replace "the" with "its" in a particular sentence reminded me

Comment

On the bright side, I finally got around to setting up an SSL certificate for localhost as a means of procrastinating. This will prevent a recurrence of the problem last week when I uploaded some examples of the Bing Maps API which used a link I'd copied from Microsoft's documentation without noticing it was HTTP, which caused everything to fall over with security warnings on GitHub Pages, which are HTTPS only

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Crispy guineafowl for tea?
                Noooooo. You can’t think that about Ale, Jamie and Tayla!

...in other news, this afternoon I have learned that magnolia leaves burn fiercely, even when they are still green, the branches were pruned on Monday.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I may go & potch about in the garage a bit later since yesterday's gardening excesses need not be repeated quite yet.

A bit before I retired I bought some electronicky bits and pieces for a not inconsiderable amount of moolah.

Last week I found some of that stuff down in the garage where it had sat unconsidered for the last 20 years.

Along with some totally useless surface mount stuff.
                  WDSS just now.

There's more stuff down there than I'd realised, along with some programmed MC6805 devices for a Wolsey Comcare Messenger Social Alarm Telephone.

I doubt there's much of a market for those.

Comment

Walked up the road Waitrose. Mooched about a bit, picked up some wine, had a look at the gin (none of the ones on offer were in stock), bought some flowers, a few provisions.

Nice out, blue sky, dusting of cloud. The right kind of warm.

Comment

Stone me, The Archers is getting a bit gritty.

Turns out that one of the chips down in the garage is a uPD7759C which is some sort of sound generator ic, as used in the Atari apparently.

Bet there's an enormous demand for those.

Comment

Working...
                      X