• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noticed it last night, looking very picture skew in its way.

Shock!

Horror!

The Great Train Robbers weren't very nice people.

And feck me, sticking a glove over the green lamp and using a battery to power the red one counted as high level electronics skills in 1963.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Noticed it last night, looking very picture skew in its way.

Shock!

Horror!

The Great Train Robbers weren't very nice people.

And feck me, sticking a glove over the green lamp and using a battery to power the red one counted as high level electronics skills in 1963.
      If it happened now exactly the same way, all the reporting would be about them “hacking the signalling system”

Comment

Those with terror at using escalators should be watching the thing on 5+1 entitled "Eaten by an Escalator".

No severed limbs.

Yet.

<hiatus>

Well we have now.

<hiatus>

And now someone strangled by his hoodie drawstring.

Pissed while riding an elevator.

Ooops.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 August 2019, 22:46.

Comment

stewed larry the lamb & carrots not bad.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Not sure what's going on next door but one, the other side of the doctor's, but so far we have eight police vehicles on scene, including two plain cars one of which had two plain clothes officers in it, and one person in a hoody and grey tracksuit bottoms led away

More as we get it…

Two vehicles - the ones that were parked outside, thereby drawing my attention - have now left: one marked, one unmarked, each carrying two uniformed plod. They turned around and headed out of town, but the police HQ is about three miles down the road, so maybe they just got word that their beans on toast were getting cold. The plain clothes officers and the other uniforms seem to have gone inside. Not sure what's going on with the car containing the hoody guy, as that's parked behind trees and bushes outside next door the other way.

It all makes a change for a Tuesday night
            Last edited by NickFitz; 13 August 2019, 01:17.

Comment

Still either two or three marked cars here (I'm not sure how many parked up the side road) but the rest have gone, including the plainclothes who turned around and headed townwards, or possibly in the direction of the main custody suite, which is down a dead end on an industrial estate not far from here.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Two vehicles - the ones that were parked outside, thereby drawing my attention - have now left: one marked, one unmarked, each carrying two uniformed plod. They turned around and headed out of town, but the police HQ is about three miles down the road, so maybe they just got word that their beans on toast were getting cold.

On second thoughts, they didn't put their blue lights on, so it can't have been anything as important as beans on toast that took them away

Not sure what's going on with the car containing the hoody guy, as that's parked behind trees and bushes outside next door the other way.
              On further but unrelated second thoughts, I think there must have been two cars there and one of them took him away; the other is still there.

Anyway, they haven't put tape up everywhere so it's probably not anything that'll make News at Ten, but enough that they're interviewing at least some of the neighbours. I believe those flats are all leasehold, though probably many of them sublet, but it's one of the slightly more salubrious elements of the terrace as a rule so it makes a change to see the plod carting people away from it

Goodnight all

Comment

“Getting a bit chilly in here now,” I thought. Checked the temperature: 21.5°, which I’m pretty sure had me saying “Getting really warm in here” a few weeks ago
                Indeed. Been getting cold in first few minutes of my cycle. It must be 15+ degrees.

Comment

Not sure what's going on next door but one, the other side of the doctor's, but so far we have eight police vehicles on scene, including two plain cars one of which had two plain clothes officers in it, and one person in a hoody and grey tracksuit bottoms led away
                  He was walking on the cracks in the pavement. A few weeks ago he would have got away with it. But now Boris is getting tough on crime.....

Comment

And into tpd real-time.

Dry cycle in. Though my helmet was still wet from last night(my cycle helmet that is for all the finbarr saunders types). I had to wear shoes2 - shoes1 will take 2 days to dry out.

At least my Landlord is away in Turkey : got the whole place to myself.

Comment

Morning all.

Dry.

Sunny.

The strip of sky I can see from here is clear and blue.

Comment

Working...
                      X