• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    She does have a point imho

'Writing for the Sunday Times in March 2017, Dame Jenni penned an article headlined "Be trans, be proud — but don't call yourself a 'real woman'".
    In it, she wrote that "it takes more than a sex change and make-up" to "lay claim to womanhood".'
    She is, of course, exactly right, but it's a hate crime to say so.

According to the ever more mighty plod.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The bulb in the bathroom went last night, so I just popped over to the hardware store opposite and got one of his 100W (equivalent) daylight ones. Huge improvement!

Or, to put it another way, I really must clean the bathroom throughly

He was chatting away about what popular bulbs they were, because of their colour temperature and low energy consumption. I told him I'd noticed that, looking around the neighbourhood in the evening, I could spot which households had bought their bulbs from him because of the colour of the light, which he seemed pleased by

Comment

Well I timed that right.

The full on torrential old women and sticks with added murrain of beasts lept into action as I walked out of the library.

The convex mirror was duly donated, which is another piece of crap from my youth that's got elsewhere, joining the grandfather clock, sewing machine and a shedload of other stuff.

The old women and sticks with added murrain of beasts is still ongoing, with a bit of stair rod here and there.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        He was chatting away about what popular bulbs they were, because of their colour temperature and low energy consumption. I told him I'd noticed that, looking around the neighbourhood in the evening, I could spot which households had bought their bulbs from him because of the colour of the light, which he seemed pleased by
        Daylight bulbs being bluer?

Ah, the murrain of beasts is tailing off a bit now.

Maybe one could have a bonfire to celebrate. <-bonfire
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 August 2019, 10:11.

Comment

Woohoo! Confirmed on the garden bench from the end of the week.

Client business team have been told by UPM that I'm being "rolled off the project onto other things"
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Daylight bulbs being bluer?
            Indeed, although I see them as less yellow

Comment

Oh, the rain just stopped.

Give it a couple of seconds and it'll bwrw glaw a bit more.

Very impressed with the building works on the subpostoffice up the road.

Whoever installed the down pipe ensured that there'd be a waterfall over the door.

Quite the most unique piece of design I've seen recently.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 August 2019, 10:27.

Comment

Hello peeps

Bright enough here. Blue skies with patches of cloud, no rain forecast. Currently 21 degrees.

Decided to WFH this morning. Internet it being a right PITA and all the things I need to connect to keep timing out Maybe it's the client side not me.

Laptop is also being a PITA. It's taken to not staying on. Defenestration is imminent methinks. At the very least I need it to stay on long enough to release my Adobe license...

For some reason I can't connect to work's Azure hosted SQL server from their laptop but I can from my own PC. I'm wondering if there's been a firewall change on the client machines that obviously doesn't affect my personal gear. Quite annoying though.

So far I've eaten two raspberry yum yums that I picked up from M&S after work yesterday. Quite nice if a bit too sweet.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    For some reason I can't connect to work's Azure hosted SQL server from their laptop but I can from my own PC. I'm wondering if there's been a firewall change on the client machines that obviously doesn't affect my personal gear. Quite annoying though.

I've had that with current ClientCo, except it's for an even better reason...

Rule 1: Contractors are not allowed to install anything on their ClientCo Laptop.
                    Rule 2: ClientCo laptops have "push installs" done on them regularly.
                    Rule 3: If your ClientCo laptop is not up to date, it is not allowed to connect to certain systems
                    Rule 4: Push installs only occur when a user is logged in, based on the user's security. See rule 1.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sun's out. :

The puddle of water has reappeared inside the salting house.

So I mopped it up again.

Lunch was the poached tomato and scrambled egg thing that I do.

I rather like it.

I have now reached page 536 of The Tome.

Only another 140 pages* to go.

I wonder if the 3rd volume is longer.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Modernity-B...EBX5YF08S814VH

Yup 880 pages.

*That's not including the 70 odd pages of index & footnotes.

Just had the "Visa Security" scam phone call.

Who are thse mofos and why doesn't someone terminate them with extreme prejudice?
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 August 2019, 11:47.

Comment

Working...
                      X