• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Pleased you are okay!

Is that what the doctor recommended as a good lunch?
    They didn't say not to eat sausages on a frequent basis, which I'm taking as an endorsement
    Perhaps you could get your GP to write you a prescription for some of these....?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

The beans were BBE 2015, while the tomatoes were BBE 2011, these being the last such items bequeathed by Strangelove Mater.
      Wrong! Just found another BBE 2011 tin of tomatoes when restocking the cupboard with the BBE 2021 versions.

Sunday afternoon shop done and put away, though the lack of any decently sized swedes was a bit of a blow to the usual Strangelove two bin system.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 August 2019, 14:00.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
        Perhaps you could get your GP to write you a prescription for some of these....?

Excellent! I shall cite this post as a reference

Comment

Wrong! Just found another BBE 2011 tin of tomatoes when restocking the cupboard with the BBE 2021 versions.

Sunday afternoon shop done and put away, though the lack of any decently sized swedes was a bit of a blow to the usual Strangelove two bin system.
          I've got some vegetable Oxo cubes which I think have a BBE date around 2005

Comment

In my outdoor foraging I procured two bottles of gin to replenish the stock that had been severely depleted. Not much on offer in Waitrose, the shelves were shockingly bare! I assume lots of people have turned to gin this weekend due to cyclists.

Comment

A while back my Dad found his older brother's diaries from 1944 and 1947, and he's transcribed them into a Word document and sent them out to us all.

On Wednesday 26 January 1944 there's an entry including the words "Took John over the line." My Dad's added a note explaining that the youngest brother, John, was five years old at the time and went to a nursery school about half a mile away. "The only danger in letting a five year old walk to school on his own was seen to be going over the railway level crossing which was just round the corner from Corona Road. Once over that, it was considered perfectly safe for him to make the rest of the journey alone."

Here's the level crossing in question: Google Maps

Comment

Most probably unreliable customers who don't turn up on The Right Day.

Hope you're feeling betterer.
                Century

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  On the umpteenth attempt, after tinkering with many things, I got the feature update 1903 installed! Hurrah.

Laptop lives for another week or two until something else microshaft deems essential makes me want to chuck it out the window.
                  I had a very similar experience. I thought it was my laptop. Good to know others are affected - though I feel sorry for you personally.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Cyclists.

Though I had hoped they would cut off your internet access too....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post

Not the sort of medicinal sausage I recommend for mrs-bp.

Comment

Working...
                      X