• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Sausage sandwich for lunch; white bread, red sauce
    no wonder you're not well

Comment

tonight's dinner was breaded haddock, chips and peas, courtesy of the good captain and my old auntie.

with salt and proper, manly, HP sauce.

Comment

Fish curry. Salmon, cod, prawns.

No sauce. If it had been it would have been red.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          The first lot could have gone to a museum. The second lot on ebay....
          Could have should have might have.

It all went to the fecking dump & that's that.

There's at least one other monitor that's likely to do the same thing shortly.

Following the picking up of 12 buckets of apples which were duly consigned to the compost heap.

Tea/dinner as predicted was chili con carne which was rather more flavoursome than the previous attempt having had more or less every herb in the cupboard chucked in at random intervals.

The beans were BBE 2015, while the tomatoes were BBE 2011, these being the last such items bequeathed by Strangelove Mater.

Sweet was yet more stewed blackberries and custard which was excellent if a bit pippy.

Televisual entertainment was provided by half an ep of NCIS, after which a curiosity known as "Drive Angry (2011)" with Nick Cage turned up.

Drive Angry (2011) - IMDb

It was totally crazy but enjoyable.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 August 2019, 20:58.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I needed to make up for last night's almost total lack of sleep, so I decided to have a little nap. "Just a couple of hours" I thought, at around 4pm…

And yes, here we are, and I've just woken up

Ah well, I'll go to the Chinese tomorrow. It'll give her something to talk about

Comment

Most probably unreliable customers who don't turn up on The Right Day.

Hope you're feeling betterer.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

On the umpteenth attempt, after tinkering with many things, I got the feature update 1903 installed! Hurrah.

Laptop lives for another week or two until something else microshaft deems essential makes me want to chuck it out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Most probably unreliable customers who don't turn up on The Right Day.

Hope you're feeling betterer.
                  Yes, thanks - suffering more from the effects of the nap than the lurgy now, I think. There's a reason I don't take naps, and it's that I always feel worse afterwards

In lieu of the Chinese, dinner has been ribeye steak, chips, fried onion, and beans. Extremely nice, it was

Now to try to get myself tired enough to go back to sleep by drinking beer and watching telly

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    On the umpteenth attempt, after tinkering with many things, I got the feature update 1903 installed! Hurrah.

Laptop lives for another week or two until something else microshaft deems essential makes me want to chuck it out the window.
                    The things that are tinkered with always turn out to be the things that have to be untinkered for the next one to work

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Could have should have might have.

It all went to the fecking dump & that's that.

do it properly

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X