• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Are you sure?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      Dry and overcast.
      <i waited to reply until Brillo got his banana>
      Leave my banana out of this.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Leave my banana out of this.....

Yesterday was National Orgasm Day.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Yesterday was National Orgasm Day.
          I hope someone here got 2. Then mine did not go to waste.....

Comment

Indeed. Someone decided to delete a load of their posts. Before admin stopped posts more than a certain age from being deleted. Hence we had to repeat tpd post 300k.

I think there is some sort of CUK automated tool that deletes posts with dud links? While NF was spider-crawling tpd a post was deleted. NF worked out it was some weird link from FortuneGreen. I think - my memory is not what it was. Hopefully NF will remember....
            Sometimes, the destination of old links is replaced by malware, and Google spots this and penalises CUK in its rankings unless the links are removed. I believe admin tries to edit the posts to get rid of the now-dodgy link, but for some reason (I don't know exactly why) that isn't always possible and he has to delete the post instead.

And yes, I once spent fifteen minutes or so in the Premier Inn at Edgware bisecting my TPD crawl to work out where a post had vanished from overnight, before scuttling off to get my Northern Line train to Leicester Square

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Just been out the back, where I spotted a cinnabar moth caterpillar (one of those tiger-like ones, yellow and black hoops) making its way over the dusty cobbles, which aren't exactly its natural environment.

They feed on ragwort, but most of the ragwort out there has died away over the last couple of years (possibly due to being eaten by cinnabar moth caterpillars). Hunting around, I found a surviving plant down near the doctor's back gate, so I've given the caterpillar a lift over to it. Probably means there'll be no ragwort at all next year, but there you go
              Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Local ragwort is totally caterpillar free.
              Said caterpillars have arrived on the previously pristine ragwort out the back.

It ain't exactly pristine any more.

I wonder if they were laid on it as eggs or wandered thence from whence they might have come.

If eggs they're certainly grown fast.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 August 2019, 12:10.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                scuttling off to get my Northern Line train to Leicester Square
                Is that when you were above the entrance to Odeon Leicester Square and you used to report on the stars attending premiers?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Said caterpillars have arrived on the previously pristine ragwort out the back.

It ain't exactly pristine any more.

I wonder if they were laid on it as eggs or wandered thence from whence they might have come.

If eggs they're certainly grown fast.
                  Eggs, probably, if there are lots of them. The cinnabar moth lays its eggs on the undersides of the leaves, which develop into caterpillars that feast on the ragwort. Then they pupate on or just under the ground. About a year later, they emerge from the pupa as a cinnabar moth and it all starts again.

But they do sometimes manage to entirely consume the plants on which they started, and will set off in search of further plants. The one I found was probably doing that.

Comment

Just looked in the B forum.

It seems strange to think that this place was fun back in the day.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Is that when you were above the entrance to Odeon Leicester Square and you used to report on the stars attending premiers?
                      It was either then, or just before that when I was on Shaftesbury Avenue at Yahoo! Europe. I spent almost a year staying in the Edgware Premier Inn and getting the Tube to Leicester Square

Comment

Working...
                      X