• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Now watching the real thing narrated by that nice Larry Olivier.
    Your rewatch of TWaW reminds me that I got the Blu-ray remastered edition ages ago (to add to my collection of different releases of it) but haven't watched any but the first episode. I must get back on that

Comment

Dinner has been a rather large gammon steak, eggs, chips and peas.

absolutely stuffed now.

lovely, it was.

oh, and more nice Chianti.

<where's the mr Creosote smiley?>

Comment

The evening's 2nd feature was the first hour of "3 days to kill (2014)" with that Kevin Costner character.

3 Days to Kill (2014) - IMDb

Seems amusing enough.

A brief hiatus or pause or interstitial moment is occupied by "War Factories" on Yesterday, this being about the Vickers Supermarine Spitfire amongst other things.

Which turned out to be a bit longer since I watched the NCIS ep S3E1 "Kill Ari" wherein we are introduced to the lovely Ziva and Caitlin gets to act as a dead person.

Thereafter the film resumed and took its course to a satisfying conclusion.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 August 2019, 10:32.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          The evening's 2nd feature was the first hour of "3 days to kill (2014)" with that Kevin Costner character.

3 Days to Kill (2014) - IMDb

Seems amusing enough.

A brief hiatus or pause or interstitial moment is occupied by "War Factories" on Yesterday, this being about the Vickers Supermarine Spitfire amongst other things.
          funny that. - i'm watching that, too.

oh, dear

Comment

Spag bol for tea, and exceedingly nice it was

It seems to have rained a little at some point when I wasn't paying attention

Comment

The wife (tm) found a dog this evening. We tracked down his owner and called to get them to pick him up.
              The owner arrived in a vintage car. I looked at it and commented to my wife that it was a 4.5l 1928 Bentley, and that if it had a supercharger on the front, I’d have wanted to go for a spin in it.
              I was wrong. I checked after he had left. It was a 6.5L Speed Six Special from 1929.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's entertainment (not counting ambulance stuff whilst dining) was the first two episodes of S.W.A.T. (TV Series 2017), being the newest manifestation of that franchise courtesy of Shawn Ryan, previously creator of The Shield (the best US police series ever). Slightly more formulaic than the latter, at least in these early episodes, though I gather it works its way out along the limb a bit more as things progress. Anyway, very good of its ilk

And after those, E1 of From the Earth to the Moon (TV Mini-Series 1998), a top notch drama-documentary, judging by this first episode

The lurgy seems to be easing, though as I said earlier, this one can be a bit on-and-off, so who knows

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Tonight's entertainment (not counting ambulance stuff whilst dining) was the first two episodes of S.W.A.T. (TV Series 2017), being the newest manifestation of that franchise courtesy of Shawn Ryan, previously creator of The Shield (the best US police series ever). Slightly more formulaic than the latter, at least in these early episodes, though I gather it works its way out along the limb a bit more as things progress. Anyway, very good of its ilk

And after those, E1 of From the Earth to the Moon (TV Mini-Series 1998), a top notch drama-documentary, judging by this first episode

The lurgy seems to be easing, though as I said earlier, this one can be a bit on-and-off, so who knows

Goodnight all
                  Apparently they are going to make a series about WTFH's shooting tactics. Called S.W.A.N.T. .....

Comment

Morning All.

weather is just doing what it wants these days so no point in giving you an update...

tfit

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Morning All.

weather is just doing what it wants these days so no point in giving you an update...

tfit
                      I assumed you were so far underwater by now you had no idea what the weather is like.

I think I will take the Lotus for my drive tonight to the land of the sheep eaters. Then I can convert to submarine mode where necessary.

BTW I think you owe me a response to my PM or are you still thinking?

Comment

Working...
                      X