• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea/dinner this evening comprised some M&S breaded cod (chunky) which was nice enough, followed by stewed blackberries & custard.

I hadn't realised the quantity of blackberries I'd stewed until I'd stewed them & put them all in one container.

Should keep me going for a while and they're all from my garden aside from the one or two from next door that I purloined since them next door do basically feck al with anything in the garden.

The televisual excitement began with that nice Larry Olivier narrating the rise and rise of the Empire of Japan and the disasters that came therefrom.

In our case, Hong Kong, Malaya, and Singapore, for the Septics Pearl Harbor and the Philippines.

From what I've read recently MacArthur was a grade A prick.

The Japs couldn't believe that the Brits were surrendering in Singapore.

Remarkable.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

smoked salmon and prawn fish pie for dinner.

quite tasty, too.

and a cheap chablis.

getting back into this cooking stuff.

Comment

Still raining steadily out, though it'll sometimes stop for twenty minutes, the sun will muscle in, and then it's "Yeah, nice try shiny" and starts tipping down again

Comment

"Impossible Railways" ain't exactly cutting the mustard.

And neither is "On Golden Pond (1981)" with Hank & Jane Fonda and Katharine Hepburn.

On Golden Pond (1981) - IMDb

Not enough guns.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 July 2019, 21:20.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Still raining steadily out, though it'll sometimes stop for twenty minutes, the sun will muscle in, and then it's "Yeah, nice try shiny" and starts tipping down again
            meh.
            same here, and no donner und blitzen yet either.

tedious.
            did i say meh??

meh.

Comment

Very nice roast chicken dinner for tea

Comment

Omelettes for dinner here. Eggs, tomatoes, onions and garlic from the garden.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's viewing, apart from some Australian Ambulance fun on iPlayer whilst eating, has been S1E2 of Survivors (1975). People are turning nasty… well, the people who were already nasty are carrying on being nasty

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all if all there be.

LGS.

Very vaguely almost sunny.

Dry.

Apparently it's Wednesday.

Which, back in Ye Goode Olde Days, would have been Diamond Day.

Comment

I managed to cycle in without being rained on, run over or shot at. Result.

Comment

Working...
                      X