• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Another grey, showery day; around 15° out there, and down to 22.5° in the living room

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      The beef it is aroasting.
      It was nice enough.

Currently watching The World at War with that nice Larry Olivier doing his narrating thing.

It's sunny and 23.6 in here.

Oh, they're advertising the remade missing eps of Dad's Army.

Good to see that the Septics are up to their old tricks in the "friendly fire" game. .
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 July 2019, 12:19.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Just been out the back, where I spotted a cinnabar moth caterpillar (one of those tiger-like ones, yellow and black hoops) making its way over the dusty cobbles, which aren't exactly its natural environment.

They feed on ragwort, but most of the ragwort out there has died away over the last couple of years (possibly due to being eaten by cinnabar moth caterpillars). Hunting around, I found a surviving plant down near the doctor's back gate, so I've given the caterpillar a lift over to it. Probably means there'll be no ragwort at all next year, but there you go
        I checked the ragwort when I was locking the gate after shopping on Friday, and lo! the caterpillar was happily nestled on there

(N.B. I can't actually prove it was the same caterpillar, but it was the only one there so it would be a bit of a coincidence if it wasn't. Also, they probably don't experience emotions such as happiness.)

Comment

I checked the ragwort when I was locking the gate after shopping on Friday, and lo! the caterpillar was happily nestled on there

(N.B. I can't actually prove it was the same caterpillar, but it was the only one there so it would be a bit of a coincidence if it wasn't. Also, they probably don't experience emotions such as happiness.)
          Local ragwort is totally caterpillar free.

Sunday afternoon shop done.

Didn't seem to be much to buy this afternoon, probably because I shop during the week.

23.4 in here.

I've just opened the windows to get a bit of breeze through to take away the smell of the cooking.

Comment

on feeding the livestock this morning, i discovered that, apart from goldfish and the frogs wot buggered of earlier in the month, i also have Newts in the ditch.

a proper wildlife sanctuary in this little corner of sarf herts.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              a proper wildlife sanctuary in this little corner of sarf herts.
              This time next year, Rodders….

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                This time next year, Rodders….

no bears or raccoons in sarf herts AFAIK.

Comment

Bacon butty for lunch, Nigel Slater style: soft white bread, quickly fried on the inside after cooking the bacon, to give the assemblage added crunch

Still grey and raining and 15° out, which is fine by me

Comment

^^^ Sunny. 23.0.

Comment

Was watching Natural World on BBC about Hippos. They flick their tails while they are having a tulip and scatter it everywhere to mark their territory. Why can't we do that instead of having to fork out a fee to the Land Registry Office?
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X