• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's repast has been M&S chunky battered cod, with chips (made and frozen this afternoon) and beans. Very nice

It's still over 29° in here

And no sign of our thunderstorm either

Comment

test please delete

Barbecued Halibut steaks with garlic bread and salad from the garden at Chateau Renard. Temp now in the mid 20s. TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's down to 24.2 now.

Brrrrrr.

I've had to shut the downstairs windows.

After a moderately tedious "Abandoned Engineering", the Mr Trebus & John Peel tribute show followed on 5+1, and the evening rounded off with The Good Place which was moderately funny this week.

And so it's nearly TFBSZ.

It's a bit warmer than 24 deg upstairs but I suppose I'll have to manage.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Millie can hear thunder somewhere (probably 50+ miles away)

It’s going to be a long night...

Comment

French cinema night tonight with Une affaire d'etat (2009), or State Affairs in translation; not sure why the French title is singular, the English plural. Something to do with vernacular, perhaps? Anyway, it's a fairly standard political thriller, but pretty good overall

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Morning all

Millie has decided that the thunder has gone now, so having spent the night trembling and whining, she's now off to sleep. The lucky female dog. Guess what I'd like to be doing now.

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Downpour.

Still 23.6 in the living room.

Briefly raining sticks & old women, but not for nearly long enough.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Guess what I'd like to be doing now.
                    Sitting at the end of your lane with a air rifle while a stream of squirrels go past on bicycles?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Sitting at the end of your lane with a air rifle while a stream of squirrels go past on bicycles?
                      OK, what else would I like to be doing right now.

BTW, do you own a squirrel suit?

Comment

Working...
                      X