• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morning all

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      I'm waiting for "Mule" to reduce to a price I'm willing to pay, and hoping it's rather better than "Enforcer 2".
      It most certainly is. Shades of Grand Torino albeit with highly questionable mexicans rather than fine upstanding gooks as the ethnic foil. And a valuable lesson in the importance of diversification for all contractors come April

Comment

Well that was stunningly unsuccessful.

Refuses to take the CV.rtf file I attempted to upload with zero explanation of why.

Total Jobs: Total Waste of Time more like.

Oh.

Open it with word, save to desktop as rtf and suddenly it's 50k bigger and acceptable.

Feckwhits.

Should be good for a laugh.
        More spam than a big catering size can of spam is the result.

And "Sorry that vacancy has been suspended" from the agency.

So, to sum up, a fecking fishing trip.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

More spam than a big catering size can of spam is the result.

And "Sorry that vacancy has been suspended" from the agency.

So, to sum up, a fecking fishing trip.

feckin' towrags

Comment

Looks like they can add up & figure out I'm an

Ho hum.

Am I desperate enough to try S3?

Comment

This may be of some interest to assorted members of this parish.

Randall Munroe: How To

Open up new dimensions on the everyday in this talk by bestselling author and cartoonist Randall Munroe.

In a London exclusive, the creator of webcomic xkcd and the bestselling books What If? and Thing Explainer presents his latest book of comics, How To.

Hear from ‘nerd royalty’ (Ben Goldacre) in a hilarious and insightful talk that opens up new dimensions on the everyday.

The bestselling author and cartoonist invites us into his mind-bending and entertaining world, where cutting-edge science meets the things we do everyday.

Drawing on the cartoons in How To, Munroe shows us highly impractical advice for everything from landing a plane to digging a hole. He offers tips for taking a selfie with a telescope, crossing a river by boiling it, and getting to your appointments on time by destroying the moon.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey out again

Rain due this evening, if we're lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Afternoon denizens

Grey out again

Rain due this evening, if we're lucky.

'Twas picking with rain intermittently during my stagger round town.

In other news I just jammed my finger in the fridge door.

The day's haul of dvds was unimpressive.

I plainly have every dvd ever made.

Not including the ones with pink cases of course.

Comment

'Twas picking with rain intermittently during my stagger round town.
                    Ours has been brought forward to maybe start at teatime. Its very grey out there still

I'm mucking about with GameplayKit, Apple's collection of APIs and such for handling high-level behaviour in games. In a couple of hours of playing around (mostly spent reading documentation), I've got as far as I would have in about a week back in the 1980s. Looking through the docs for the more advanced stuff, I suspect a project that would have taken me three to four months back then could now be done in a week or two, and probably a few days once I've learned all the ins and outs

Comment

Spent the afternoon pottering about fixing stuff* that got liberated.

The most problematic is a silly little 12V powersupply that's made up to look like a 12V motorcycle battery.

I plugged it in earlier in the week & found that the fuse had blown, replaced same & lo! the Magick Smoke and crackling noises were released to stink out the office.

Since I'm fed up with vacuuming everywhere I've so far replaced a bridge rectifier, then a shorted diode, then it still wouldn't work properly so had to draw out the diagram.

All the components measure fine, but the little fecker just won't regulate unless I disconnect the adjustment terminal from the board and use a couple of external resistors up in the air.

Most oddly odd.

Now waiting for the soldering iron to warm up again for another bash.

I really need more sockets in the kitchen.

*For "stuff" read "fecked up scrap".

Comment

Working...
                      X