• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just trying to summon the energy to start a weekend thread. Or re-use an old one.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      So red then?
      not a snowball's chance in hell mad

Comment

morning

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The misery keeps piling up for everyone in Spiral/Engrenages. I suspect I'll need therapy myself by the time I've made it to the end of this one
          I find it quite inneresting that my tolerance for many of these dystopian nightmares seems to have vanished.

I barely made to the end of "The Day After (1983)", the use of FF being required.

I don't think I'll bother with "Threads (1984)" or "The War Game (1965)", or even "Survivors (1975)"

Morning.

Restless night's sleep after the excitement of the evening.

Greyish out.

No current precipitation.

Damp.

Vaguely wanly sunnly.

And Friday.

It is Friday, innit?

We retired persons find it difficult to tell.

Oh, I see my Lidl(tm) big feck off clock is informing me that, yes, it is "Fr".
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            I find it quite inneresting that my tolerance for many of these dystopian nightmares seems to have vanished.

I barely made to the end of "The Day After (1983)", the use of FF being required.

I don't think I'll bother with "Threads (1984)" or "The War Game (1965)", or even "Survivors (1975)"
            Funny how no more Slough of Despond or esteemed customers leads to a loss of interest in the destruction of all human life

Comment

Morning all mostly blue skies here with a gentle breeze. Nice view of the Channel from the top of the hill.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Funny how no more Slough of Despond or esteemed customers leads to a loss of interest in the destruction of all human life
                I suspect it might have something to do with not spending all day on CUK or browsing the interweb.

Graduation is next week, I might pop along for a larf, like.

In with the hoi polloi, to depart elsewhere shortly.

The washing is doing its thing at home, I trust, the cottons and the shirts are on (in different machines).

The shirts will be done when I return home, the cottons will be done at about 13:00.

The sheer excitement of life is quite overwhelming.

I note the quantity of totally inappropriate jobs that Total Jobs has suggested for me, I knew giving it my email address would lead to unbearable tedium.

Now to denote all its messages as spam.

I was very interested to see that it suggested a place in Cwmbran as suitable.

I worked there for 3 months in 1994.

It isn't.

Comment

Shopping done!

Though I seem to have lost my Nectar card

In fact, I suspect the bloke at Sainsbury's Local forgot to return it to me the other day - his scales weren't working as he tried to weigh my onions, and he had to get the manager to help, and I reckon in the confusion he put the card down and I never noticed he didn't give it back

Anyway, new card ordered; and I have a couple of Southern Not-fried chicken thighs from the hot food counter for an early lunch

Comment

Shopping done!

Though I seem to have lost my Nectar card

In fact, I suspect the bloke at Sainsbury's Local forgot to return it to me the other day - his scales weren't working as he tried to weigh my onions, and he had to get the manager to help, and I reckon in the confusion he put the card down and I never noticed he didn't give it back

Anyway, new card ordered; and I have a couple of Southern Not-fried chicken thighs from the hot food counter for an early lunch
                    is that a euphemism???

Comment

Home again home again jiggety jig.

The cottons are ongoing, the shirts are in the TD, the denim/darks are in the WM.

The excitement of my life knows very few bounds.

The phone ain't ringing off the hook still.

I think I may apply to B&Q next.

What have I learned this morning?

The Ampex manual for the VR1000B VTR is online in its multipage magnificence.

I don't think I'll try to build one though.

The cost of the valves alone would be in the £10k range.

The first helical scan VTR used 2" tape, an alpha wrap and recorded a whole frame at a time.

Comment

Working...
                      X