• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Just applied for a contract.

I expect to hear nothing.
    Gosh.

Was I wrong there then.

The agent hasn't figured out how old I am yet.

Just as well I took voluntary redundancy then, innit?

Paid to feck off and no need to use the word "retired".

Am I supposed to get a P45 these days?

It's so long since I've done anything with this stuff I'm a tad out of date.

Originally posted by Rambling Sid Rumbold
    In other news, lunch was a combination of poached tomato on toast alongside scrambled egg on toast.

I think I put a bit too much milk in this last since it did seem a bit over watery, tasted ok though, which is down to the chili powder.

The afternoon has been spent gardening, the two privet hedges are now a bit neater, and there's a shedload of tulipe to go down the dump tomorrow.

It would have gone down this afternoon but I couldn't face the traffic at 16:15.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 July 2019, 16:00.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Gosh.

Was I wrong there then.

The agent hasn't figured out how old I am yet.

Just as well I took voluntary redundancy then, innit?

Paid to feck off and no need to use the word "retired".

Am I supposed to get a P45 these days?

It's so long since I've done anything with this stuff I'm a tad out of date.
      Looking forward to a "Boomed!" thread in General (specifically) soon!

Not sure about the P45

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Looking forward to a "Boomed!" thread in General (specifically) soon!

Not sure about the P45
        I was reading about P45 and P60 earlier, to the effect that they'd been abolished.

Turned out it was a .ie site.

Dunno about the boomed thing, I don't count chickens before the egg's been laid.

Currently cooking tea/dinner which is the carrots, onions and beef thing I do.

<hiatus>

Unusually enough, It Was Very Nice.

Though I really did put A Lot of Chili Powder in it.

<phew wot a scorcher>

The stewed raspberries and gooseberries (golden) with custard was also Very Nice.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 July 2019, 17:34.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just finished installing the the gauge, compressor and piping for the new air suspension on the motorhome. I think the air bags are going to be installed by a garage (£100 CiH) as it looks like hard physical work and it is far too hot for that malarkey, besides they have a pit I only have a set of dodgy ramps. At least I have done the technical bit for them.

Now to start thinking about teatime. I have a nice warm fresh baked loaf so maybe 3 slices with a plate of sardines in olive oil with a few queen olives on the side.
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Feeling a bit bleurgh this afternoon. Hope it's not a lurgy of some kind besetting me

Comment

I was reading about P45 and P60 earlier, to the effect that they'd been abolished.

Turned out it was a .ie site.

Dunno about the boomed thing, I don't count chickens before the egg's been laid.

Currently cooking tea/dinner which is the carrots, onions and beef thing I do.

<hiatus>

Unusually enough, It Was Very Nice.

Though I really did put A Lot of Chili Powder in it.

<phew wot a scorcher>

The stewed raspberries and gooseberries (golden) with custard was also Very Nice.
              you should get a P45 soon, and a P60 after the tax year end.

AFAIK

Comment

pepperoni pizza for dinner/tea/evening repast.
                alright, i think the painkillers have killed my tastebuds .

Comment

Is it too early for... No, of course not. Evening flight, then to the hotel.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Is it too early for... No, of course not. Evening flight, then to the hotel.
                    off to god's country again? - enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      off to god's country again? - enjoy!
                      No, off to Scotland instead.

But I’ve got meetings during the normal working day tomorrow, then home on Wednesday evening.

Tomorrow night will be dinner in the Ardnamurchan followed by a sip or two in the Pot Still.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X