• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve just been polite to a cyclist.

Must be the heat.
    Anyway, guy on a Bianci road bike was going down a track that starts off tarmac but quickly turns to gravel then sand.
    I politely advised him that his bike wouldn’t make it down the track.
    Then followed it up with “but if you want to try, can I video it?”
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      I’ve just been polite to a cyclist.

Must be the heat.
      Anyway, guy on a Bianci road bike was going down a track that starts off tarmac but quickly turns to gravel then sand.
      I politely advised him that his bike wouldn’t make it down the track.
      Then followed it up with “but if you want to try, can I video it?”
      Calm down, dear, it's only an advert.

Much cooler here now, there's 10/10ths cloud cover though no more drops of rain that I've noticed.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Much cooler here now, there's 10/10ths cloud cover though no more drops of rain that I've noticed.
        Rain is now just a legend of the old times here, told by old people to confound and amaze the young

And the temperature out there is reported as being 30°C; though I gather it's even hotter than that elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          The only time I was comfortable yesterday afternoon was in the car coming back from the dump with the aircon on recycle.

<taps screen>

Is this thing working?
          No, not working. Neither is my rear view camera. powers up but no signal from it to the monitor. switched it with the reversing camera and that works so I have a faulty camera ho Hum. now I have to order another.

Just had a nice shower, now to see what's on Netflix.
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Just popped out the back, and it's extremely warm compared to inside. Although this place takes ages to lose heat once it's warmed up, it also takes ages to warm up in the first place, so it's refreshingly cool in comparison once one comes back inside

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Light lunch of a fish finger bap (wholemeal) with red sauce
              I love fish finger sarnies!

I know what I'm having for tea

Comment

And the temperature out there is reported as being 30°C; though I gather it's even hotter than that elsewhere
                It's down to 24 here, inside it's down to 25 in the salting house which is a bit different from the 33 it was yesterday.

Tea/dinner this evening was spagbol with some of that chili laced bol I made some weeks ago.

It was followed by some very thick custard thinned with stewed raspberries and stewed gooseberries.

I'll have to prise my arse off the bog tomorrow.

It was all very nice, though the 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie tea has warmed me up rather more than I'd like.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post

Always nice to know one has inspired somebody to embrace the delights of haute cuisine

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post

Always nice to know one has inspired somebody to embrace the delights of haute cuisine
                    Fish finger sarnies? Haute cuisine?

Absolutely....!!

Comment

Mine was with Tartar Sauce. Later I may have a corned beef sandwich with Horseradish Sauce.

Coz I'm posh I am

Comment

Working...
                      X