• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other news, that ridiculous 40" Sharp tv is fecked and not in a good way.

As long as you want to watch programmes in 5 minute chunks with a minute of intermission it's perfect.

Other than when it goes completely tits up and shows a screen half black (upper half) and half green (lower half).

Most entertaining.

I've reset it to factory and retuned it.

We shall see what transpires forthwith.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 June 2019, 21:29.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Forgot to put the oven on, so dinner is running later than usual
      a senior moment??
      More to do with double-checking the international payment details on the invoice I was preparing for this maps thing

Dinner, once it arrived, was pork chops, chips, peas, and gravy. Seems like a while since I had that, though it's probably only two or three weeks. Anyway, inordinately nice

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        In other news, that ridiculous 40" Sharp tv is fecked and not in a good way.

As long as you want to watch programmes in 5 minute chunks with a minute of intermission it's perfect.

Other than when it goes completely tits up and shows a screen half black (upper half) and half green (lower half).

Most entertaining.

I've reset it to factory and retuned it.

We shall see what transpires forthwith.
        My Samsung telly occasionally goes weird, with fragments of whatever was being watched the previous time it was turned off interspersed with many green patches. I sometimes wonder if basing televisions on crappily-written software was such a good idea

Anyway, a reset usually sorts it out, and keeps me occupied for a few minutes turning off motion smoothing and what-have-you all over again

Comment

Tonight's televisual entertainment, apart from some more Ambulance whilst eating, was a further episode of Engrenages aka Spiral.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

No overnight calls

Clear skies out., time for a walk.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              My Samsung telly occasionally goes weird, with fragments of whatever was being watched the previous time it was turned off interspersed with many green patches. I sometimes wonder if basing televisions on crappily-written software was such a good idea

Anyway, a reset usually sorts it out, and keeps me occupied for a few minutes turning off motion smoothing and what-have-you all over again
              Yes it is less than inspiring.

Today's task is rather more mundane than the trip to the metropolis of Newport yesterday, being an eye test at 09:30.

The excitement is palpable.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Comment

Dry cycle this morning - last night was very wet.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Dry cycle this morning - last night was very wet.
                    To get the bike into Broadgate you have to go through a cycle air lock.

I had to let in a new cyclist. They had a tag for their bike. But access card not set up for the air lock.

A miracle how banks make any money as they f**k everything up.

Oh wait. Its a monopoly. I forgot.

Just off for some champers and swans wings.....

Comment

Its mostly sunny here.

Comment

Working...
                      X