• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Well I asked her to marry me so I must have been slightly insane.
    I think my views on marriage are well known.

So she loved you but did not want to marry you? Could you not have lived together?

I take it she is a friend of your sisters?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I think my views on marriage are well known.

So she loved you but did not want to marry you? Could you not have lived together?

I take it she is a friend of your sisters?
      It was very complicated.

She was a friend of a friend whose daughter was a friend of my niece in a city 120 miles away.

Is that complex enough?

The other complexities are not for this site.

But there you go.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The other complexities are not for this site.
        I suppose tpd is for trivia really. A pity as it sounded interesting.....

Comment

Sausages for lunch, with the obligatory soft white finger rolls; very nice

And a phone call about a possible gig down in Metro-Land; a short-term thing, but with the possibility of odd additional days of work from time to time afterwards. I suspect I'd find it a bit too far away for commuting, so you might want to go long on Premier Inn

Comment

Continuing grey here, with occasional light showers; and it's been no warmer than 13°C all day, so the flat's reverting to comfortable-but-not-hot conditions

Comment

It's raining here! Finally the garden is getting a bit of water.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Home again home again jiggety jig.

Class 150 train to Fishguard on the way home, as opposed to the Hirohito's Revenge class on the way up to Newport.

Feck me, I thought Neath was bad enough, but Newport.

Interview at the Passport Office seemed to go well enough.

Managed not to mention anything out of the ordinary.

Oh, and it's pissed with rain intermittently all day.

Specifically, in General, as I was walking through the metropolis towards the Passport office.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 June 2019, 16:25.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Home again home again jiggety jig.

Class 150 train to Fishguard on the way home, as opposed to the Hirohito's Revenge class on the way up to Newport.

Interview at the Passport Office seemed to go well enough.

Managed not to mention anything out of the ordinary.

Oh, and it's pissed with rain intermittently all day.

Specifically, in General, as I was walking through the metropolis towards the Passport office.
                  Newport's a metropolis??? laugh

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    Newport's a metropolis??? laugh

It's a traffic jam.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I passed through Newport back in 2000, going to and from Cwmbran to talk to that company that did the late availability travel deals database they scraped from Prestel, or whatever it was travel agents used before t'Internet.

I had a while between trains on the way back so wandered into town and had a pint or two in a pub - I was just too late for lunch. I have vague memories of it being a Tudor style place so it might have been the Old Murenger, the oldest pub in Newport. But it might have been somewhere else. I remember having to walk uphill to get there, but that applies to most places in Newport

Comment

Working...
                      X