• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Intriguing. Does he write about his lunch, the weather, and putting the bins out?

it's better than the sh1te on the other forums FFS

a bunch of adolescent twats slagging one another off??

entertaining?

nope.

anyway, must check when i have to put the bins out.
    hot today.
    i've done dinner already, so it's too late for lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Intriguing. Does he write about his lunch, the weather, and putting the bins out?
      Pretty much

At the moment, lunch (though he calls it dinner) is often taken at the King's Wardrobe (it was near St. Paul's), as his cousin and employer the Earl of Sandwich is Master thereof; though he's also an admiral and is away dealing with some stuff in Tangiers and Portugal. Anyway, the Earl's family and household are living there, and Sam found reason to be there around lunchtime most days

Otherwise, he'd often run into some acquaintances and adjourn to a tavern, ale-house, or the Rhenish wine-house for lunch - perhaps oysters, or a neat's (ox) tongue; or he might have been invited to lunch at someone's home, being served venison pasty ("it was no such thing, but veritable beef" he moans about one of his uncles' lunches). And sometimes he had lunch at home.

The weather: he'd been operated on for a bladder stone a few years before, and when it got cold the old trouble often flared up, causing back pain and difficulty in making water, and occasionally swollen testicles

Also, when he went with his wife to Brampton and back after his uncle died, her horse fell and her clothes were dirtied due to the road having been washed away by rain near Baldock.

So yes, the weather features quite a bit.

The bins, I suspect, are the duties of the maids or the boy. On that note, one of the maids has just been sacked for being "a simple slut… and a cross-grained wench"

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Currently about 3/4 of the way through "Force 10 from Navaronne (1978)" with Robert Shaw and Harrison Ford.

Force 10 from Navarone (1978) - IMDb

It's having brief hiatus while I watch a thing about Edwardian Cardiff on 4+1.

It's that Prof. Alice Roberts doing her thing again.

Not overly gripping but she just got her kit off.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 June 2019, 20:39.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            In the Chinese
            And very nice too

This evening's hypothesis for not being busy was that because of the nice weather, "People have gone out… drinking or something"

Comment

Currently looking at the flag from Captain Scott's ship The Terra Nova.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Currently looking at the flag from Captain Scott's ship The Terra Nova.
                Found under a pile of assorted stuff on a table in the living room?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Found under a pile of assorted stuff on a table in the living room?
                  Nah.

In a museum in Cardiff with that Prof bint.

Other films watched recently include "Ultraviolet" which I mentioned earlier, "Supreme Sanction" which was 4:3 but an ok story, and "King of Thieves" with that Michael Caine chappie.

Comment

ah Pie & chips from our local eaterie which employs miss V1 & 2, washed down with a nice rose merlot.

which overlays the oakwood smoked sandwich for lunch - with apricots & nectarines (5 a day challenge.

Breakfast of course was some honey smoked bacon, asparagus & mushrooms.

add in an Apple and we scored 5!!

no bananas were harmed today.

we now have a floor in the bathroom and some plumbing that works.

Miss V3 helped me plant lots of vegetables so leave it a month or two and we will be living on beans & spinach (with assorted tomatoes!)
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

This abomination of a forum thread is still not erased?

Guess I’ll have to get them pics from Lloyds safety deposit box on Monday if this thread is still here

Comment

Working...
                      X