• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    there's an 'out'?

i've been buried in a book for most of the day.

with hot toddy.

remember hot toddy??

i do.

i should eat summat again i suppose, having kept the soup down.
    knocked up some pasta with left over chicken and pesto sauce with sun dried tomatoes.

just chucked it down, now there's a rainbow.

at 20:45??

weird.

maybe it's the toddy.

i'l have some more

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      And then S1E2 of Spiral to round things off. The French legal system seems extremely odd; this business of prosecutors turning up at crime scenes is a bit weird but presumably similar to the way American DAs get involved in things (cf The Wire), but that they all report to the judge who apparently tells them what and what not to investigate… how the hell can the judge decide on a case when he decided what should be investigated? It makes no sense at all

Still, that's the French for you, I suppose
      Apparently the judges who control investigations aren't the same as the judges who handle trials; though they can be moved between the two different roles, they don't do both at the same time. It's all something to do with the French having an inquisitorial system, rather than the adversarial system we have.

Just goes to show, foreigners often have their own ways of doing things which seem perfectly normal to them even though they're different to the ways we do things, which are normal

Comment

Dinner tonight was the rest of the beef rib joint I roasted a few weeks ago, which has been lurking in the freezer, reheated and with the usual accompaniments; and very nice it was

Comment

Watched the European election stuff for a few minutes. Christ, what a tulipshow

Retreating to Pepys' diary for Aprill (sic) 1661

Comment

Retreating to Pepys' diary for Aprill (sic) 1661
            That's Charles II crowned then

Goodnight all

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Overcast here, with occasional showers
              Om

Comment

Comment

Morning all

A bit murky out and my head is a tad fuzzy, so probably not such a bad thing that I'm in the office today.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

morning

Comment

Morning denizens

It was nice and grey with a pleasantly cool breeze through the kitchen window when I opened it, but in the last few minutes the sun has come out. But the forecast is that this should be a temporary blip, going back to grey with showers later

Comment

Working...
                      X