• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's TV was B5 S2E5: The Long Dark, which was a bit monster-of-the-week rather than moving the main arc along at all; followed by S1E1 of Hanna, Amazon's new series which seems to just be a rehash of the original film. I think the film is great, so I'm dubious about the merits of spreading the same story over loads of episodes. Still, it's well enough done, so I might give it a chance.

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      S1E1 of Hanna, Amazon's new series which seems to just be a rehash of the original film. I think the film is great, so I'm dubious about the merits of spreading the same story over loads of episodes. Still, it's well enough done, so I might give it a chance.
      Definitely stick with it. It begins to diverge from the film after a couple more episodes, and becomes a far more extensive story. A second season is also coming, which is a good thing when you see how season 1 ends.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Bright.

Clear Blue Sky.

Apart from The Chem Trails.

Nice breeze.

Monday.

Only one more Monday left before I retire since the 27th is a BH.

In other Good News, I've found the PCB foils I thought I'd lost.

So I can make some stuff tonight. <- That's pure optimism or the drugs, it's more likely to be the weekend.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 May 2019, 07:19.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

God I hate MOndays. Apart from the links.....

Comment

Morning

clear and blue again here <wherever here is>

Monday

Comment

Just had some oik of a pimp sending me a contract notification based on stuff I last did 30 years ago.

Maybe the CV needs a bit of trimming.

And I know almost nothing about Gallium Arsenide devices, just to make it even better.

In other news, I've just remembered I have to assist in invigilating an exam in a bit.

If exams are tedious, invigilation is beyond tedious.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 May 2019, 08:10.

Comment

Morning all

Clear blue skies and sunny out, but a bit chilly.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Morning all

Clear blue skies and sunny out, but a bit chilly.
                  Watch those Chem Trails.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I've just stashed the last remaining loose books (i.e. ones now unshelved due to the disposal of the two ancient bookcases the other day) in a couple of plastic crates purchased for that purpose (about a year ago…) and started sorting through a pile of magazines. All the late '90s-early '00s copies of PC Pro and PC Magazine are going, as I don't really need reviews of the first Pentium 2 desktop PCs, a tutorial on how to use a £299 software library to resize images on the web server, or programming tips for .NET Framework version 1

And the old New Scientists and Scientific Americans can go too. There aren't even sets of them, as I tended just to pick them up while queuing for the till at Borders if the cover art looked nice or whatever.

One copy of DDJ is going to have to go as the mice somehow managed to inflict urine contamination on the front edge, but the others I've found so far are OK. They can stay, as they tend to cover fundamental stuff rather than passing fancies; also, they're only about 3mm thick rather than 3cm
                    I got rid of a 4 foot tall pile of PC Pro etc. some years ago.

All the rest of the mags are now down in the garage, totally inaccessible, in plastic boxes of a size that is essentially unmovable, along with a shedload of paperbacks that I have no bookshelf space for in the house (having originally lived in a book case in the parents' house).

I have retained the multiplicity of CDs and DVDs off the front of said mags since they don't take up all that much space and some of them have useful stuff (if you run Win3.11/95/98/2000/XP and the like ).

I'm not sure of the utility of the CP/M stuff though.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    In other news, I've just remembered I have to assist in invigilating an exam in a bit.

If exams are tedious, invigilation is beyond tedious.
                    Hurrah!

My services in this regard are not required.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 May 2019, 09:33.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny and Simpsonesque out, already at 15°C and still climbing

Comment

Working...
                      X