• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just drinking 'revisionist craft lager' which was on reduced £3 for 6 (330ML) picked up because the flavour description was 'orange marmalade' which indeed it is. Not bad for 50p.

Thought of the congregation tonight a keg of Doombar at £12 it seems kegs aren't selling well.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Should be on Google Street View soon. Was standing on pavement when a Street View van came by.

PS Bah! Takes 1 to 3 years apparently.

PPS. Hmmm. Van had big round thing on top and was clearly marked as Google Street View, but not on list they are currently doing, Maybe it was a fake Google van.

Street View photos come from two sources, Google and our contributors.
      I've seen them go up within a couple of months of the van coming round - maybe they're getting quicker with practice

Also, they might not update the list that often if the guy who did it moved to another team. Apparently that kind of thing happens a lot at Google.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        TPD the playground of champions!!!

has a certain ring to it.
        Have to see if admin will give a thread a custom subtitle

Comment

A large part of updating my CV has involved changing "HTML5" and "CSS3" to plain "HTML" and "CSS", as the versions aren't really meaningful now all the browsers support most of the same stuff and loads of new stuff has come along.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            A large part of updating my CV has involved changing "HTML5" and "CSS3" to plain "HTML" and "CSS", as the versions aren't really meaningful now all the browsers support most of the same stuff and loads of new stuff has come along.
            I still have to settle for HLAL, REXX etc :

Comment

Tonight's tea has been the remaining giant leg of the giant chicken, reheated, with chips and ketchup

Just ambled up to the Amazon Locker for some books I ordered this morning. I had no good reason to select same day delivery, but it's still a new thing here and it feels cool to order a book online and get it the same evening

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                I still have to settle for HLAL, REXX etc :
                Me, it's FORTRAN, C, and assorted assemblers, for which there is practically zero demand.

it feels cool to order a book online and get it the same evening
                I get the same feeling everytime I go to Waterstones.

Without the online part.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  I get the same feeling everytime I go to Waterstones.

Without the online part.
                  Indeed, but Waterstones is further away than the petrol station where the locker is, and also closed at half ten in the evening

Tonight's movie magic was a rewatch of Elysium (2013), with the winning combination of a hellscape on Earth, a really nice space station, and a psychopathic Afrikaner

Goodnight all

Comment

Kind of hazy n overcast here in Manchester....

Not sure what is happening but there seems to be a new fashion of people walking around in jeans, sports jackets with leather elbow pads and chunky brogues - not sure who started it but it needs to stop.

Seriously.

Comment

Tonight's tea has been the remaining giant leg of the giant chicken, reheated, with chips and ketchup
                      It was really an M&S Ostrich wasn't it?

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Misty.

Warm side of notsocold.

Baglan invisible, Margam even more so.

My first US Amazon purchase arrived yesterday via Yodel.

Oddly, it was in "the shed with the white door" around the back of the house.

"The shed with the white door" being. of course, the outside lav.

All the sheds on the property have white doors.

Call from an agent about a possible gig in Derby.

Anyway, from what he said I was able to work out who the client is, and they seem OK and the location isn't too bad. Just waiting for an email with some initial info, and then I suppose I'd better get my CV updated just in case
                      HTML and CSS control of gas turbines?
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 May 2019, 07:25.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X