• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I was in (Greek)Cyprus seeing a friend.

I wanted to go to Northern Cyprus. So I hired a car.

I drove slowly through the border expecting a barrier. There was a couple of huts.

Suddenly I was shouted at and had to reverse. I had driven straight through the border.....
    Don't let General (specifically) know you've become an illegal immigrant; you'll never hear the last of it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Don't let General (specifically) know you've become an illegal immigrant; you'll never hear the last of it
      Might give a few a heart attack?

Reminds me of my Swiss friend. "My family are not Swiss. We came from Italy originally. Around AD1200"......

Comment

Cocktail sausages and crisps for lunch again

M&S keep putting an extra cocktail sausage in the box. Should be 30, but the last few times it's been 31. Not that I'm complaining.

Comment

Just had a power outage for over an hour. Felt good to be incommunicado
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Now in France!
            A year ago today I was abroad, visiting my Great Uncle James's grave on the centenary of his death

Comment

Another day, another dollar.

Sainsbury's 'taste the difference' fish pie for watchamacallit.

rather pleasant.

now watching a thing about England's naval roots.

I know where the navel roots are, - in That subthread.

Comment

T6 home again home again jiggety jig after an afternoon spent spending money.

First off on Amazon which had forgotten all about me, which I'm not surprised about, took 45 minutes of effort to buy some roller towels (the terry towelling kind), during which it asked for an NTL telephone number I gave up nearly 10 years ago when they wanted to charge me for fixing their installation.

Then it was off into Swansea to buy some hiking boots, sadly not Hawkins but some other probably Chinese offerings.

Then I just happened to notice the box set of NYPD Blue in HMV & bought that.

It wasn't 33p.

Then it was off to pub with some soon to be ex colleagues, where I drank halves while they drank pints.

I do not have hollow legs so that was quite good planning.

Departed just in time to catch the T6 opposite Sainsbury's, happily the oik that fails to stop for me wasn't driving, so it was post haste back to Neath.

Tea/Dinner/whatever was M&S battered haddock with mushrooms that I have to eat for some reason I can't remember.

And if I manage to take a shower without falling over, it'll be time for some sort of televisual entertainment, possibly "Bruno" with that Sasha Baron Cohen chappie, or maybe "Borat", which might involve standing on a chair to reach, possibly not a good idea at the moment, <hic>
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  T6 home again home again jiggety jig after an afternoon spent spending money.

First off on Amazon which had forgotten all about me, which I'm not surprised about, took 45 minutes of effort to buy some roller towels (the terry towelling kind), during which it asked for an NTL telephone number I gave up nearly 10 years ago when they wanted to charge me for fixing their installation.

Then it was off into Swansea to buy some hiking boots, sadly not Hawkins but some other probably Chinese offerings.

Then I just happened to notice the box set of NYPD Blue in HMV & bought that.

It wasn't 33p.

Then it was off to pub with some soon to be ex colleagues, where I drank halves while they drank pints.

I do not have hollow legs so that was quite good planning.

Departed just in time to catch the T6 opposite Sainsbury's, happily the oik that fails to stop for me wasn't driving, so it was post haste back to Neath.

Tea/Dinner/whatever was M&S battered haddock with mushrooms that I have to eat for some reason I can't remember.

And if I manage to take a shower without falling over, it'll be time for some sort of televisual entertainment, possibly "Bruno" with that Sasha Baron Cohen chappie, or maybe "Borat", which might involve standing on a chair to reach, possibly not a good idea at the moment, <hic>

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Managed not to fall over which was a plus.

The televisual entertainment was "Borat (2006)" which I didn't like much as it transpired.

Watched a lot of the toe curlingly embarassing stuff in FF.

How the feck he managed not to get shot is beyond me.

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan (2006) - IMDb

I think I'll give "Bruno" as miss on the strength of this.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Roast pork dinner for tea tonight, and exceedingly nice it was

I'd even remembered to get apple sauce

Comment

Working...
                      X