• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ongoing perusal of ancient copies of Wireless World has led, unfortunately, to attempting the various quizzes thus enclosed within.

This led, even more unfortunately, to the realisation that I knows feck all about electronics & forgotten most of what little I did know.

Ho hum.

Latest debacle was the quiz question about a transistor connected to the tap on a coil in a tuned circuit.

I still can't understand the effects it's supposed to have, even more worrying, it's the opposite of what I though they would be.

Ho hum.

I think I'll stick to assembler & FORTRAN.

I vaguely know where I am with those.

Have the bin men been yet?
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Have the bin men been yet?
      Yes, bins have been done. Several general waste ones appear not to have been emptied, possibly because the gate was still locked when they came, possibly for other reasons. And tags have been attached to each of the the recycling bins and to the gate informing us that our bins will be emptied as normal on Good Friday.

Bacon butty for (late) lunch, as the hot food counter was out of chicken bits

Comment

38 home again home again jiggety jig after the mofo on the T6 refused to stop at the bus stop.

Tea/dinner this evening was M&S battered haddock with a shedload of mushrooms on the side.

It was Very Nice.

The first run the WM in ongoing, judging by the clunks emitted by the plumbing.

The evening's entertainment is yet to be determined.

I hope that it's betterer than yesterday's dismal offering.

<brief interstitial pause with added hiatus for good measure>

And it transpires that it shall be "Out of Africaaaaaah (1985)" with Meryl Streep and the Sundance Kid.

Out of Africa (1985) - IMDb

Shane Rimmer also appears (but not for long).

Feck me this is going to take forever.

We appear to have got as far as September 1914.

Only another hour and 50 minutes to go.

I think I'll go & check the tumble drier.

I need the excitement.

An hour and three quarters to go.

Feck me, that was a loooong five minutes.

Never seen someone fight off a lioness with a bullwhip before.

Syphilis rears its ugly head.

An hour and a half to go.

Do you like our owl?

An hour left.

One ex lion & one ex lioness.

I'm not finding this overly gripping it must be said.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        tags have been attached to each of the the recycling bins and to the gate informing us that our bins will be emptied as normal on Good Friday.
        Half the road will be closed by Good Friday so feck nose how the bin lorries will manage.

Or how I'll get the car out of the back lane.

40 minutes left.

I wonder if it'll go quicker if I drink more Southern Comfort (no gentleman would ask for two).

I'm not sure I'd be that friendly with someone who'd given me syphilis.

Not as nasty as blackwater fever which has just seen off Michael Kitchen.

It makes your urine turn black.

Her coffee factory just burned down so she's fecking off somewhere else.

20 minutes left.

'Tis over, at long last.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 April 2019, 21:07.

Comment

went out.
          got a bit squiffy.
          had chilli with some pitta bread for dinner/lunch/breakfast/tea/ whatever the **** you want to call it.
          had a slash.
          poured some wine <shiraz>
          had a sip.
          very nice.
          watching krap on telly.
          finding that i don't give a tulip that it's krap.
          sitting down now.
          rolling a large spliff.
          <message ends>

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            went out.
            got a bit squiffy.
            had chilli with some pitta bread for dinner/lunch/breakfast/tea/ whatever the **** you want to call it.
            had a slash.
            poured some wine <shiraz>
            had a sip.
            very nice.
            watching krap on telly.
            finding that i don't give a tulip that it's krap.
            sitting down now.
            rolling a large spliff.
            <message ends>
            it has now become 'tales from the tour bus' with rick wakeman.
            it has a certain nostalgic content, since i did spend a lot of time on motorways in transit vans back in a more magical era

now i'm juggling zeros and ones again.

you're never alone with schizophrenia.

so they say.

them.

out there.

bastards.

i'll have 'em.

toerags.

mumble mumble

bugrit bugrit bugrit

etc.

etc.

etc.

Comment

Bah! I shouldn't be here. Had to cancel my holiday in Croatia last minute as loony lady friend was ill. Her ear was inside out or something and she couldn't fly.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Bah! I shouldn't be here. Had to cancel my holiday in Croatia last minute as loony lady friend was ill. Her ear was inside out or something and she couldn't fly.
                is that an upper, or lower ear?

Comment

Probly a wot's this 'ere.

Now, for no readily apparent reason, watching a docu thing about "Out of Africaaaaaaah".

More excitingly, the TD has done its drying thing & the washing is airing upstairs.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 April 2019, 21:45.

Comment

Tonight's repast has been M&S chunky breaded haddock, with chips and beans; and exceedingly good it was

Can't remember if I got breaded rather than battered because that's all they had, or that's what I fancied when I bought it several weeks ago, or I just made a mistake. But they're both very nice

And the Amazon Locker has been visited to collect, among other things, an Amazon gift card; for tomorrow I head south for a birthday celebration, yet again.

Soon be Easter too, which will involve yet another trip south. I'll end up filling the car, which had to be topped up on the way back from the funeral on Tuesday, three times in one month at this rate

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Probly a wot's this 'ere.

Now, for no readily apparent reason, watching a docu thing about "Out of Africaaaaaaah".

More excitingly, the TD has done its drying thing & the washing is airing upstairs.
                      cor! - stone me!

RIP mr hancock

Comment

Working...
                      X