• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Another addition to the joy of it all was discovering I'd lost an electric drill (battery, 18V) some time over the last month to 6 weeks.
    As it transpires it got left next door when the new neighbours moved in.

Which is good news since I can now stop worrying about it.

X7 home for the 2nd time today, following the 1st trip to attend John's funeral.

Unlike yesterday it wasn't packed and standing room only.

Tea/dinner this evening was the last (a rather generous amount) of Sunday's beef, with carrots & onions.

Today it had some hot pepper sauce in it as well as the Marmite & corn flour, which really did spice it up a bit.

I suspect that this evening's televisual epic shall be "I Frankenstein" to take away the memory of Mr Branagh's dire effort.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Dutch smoked sausage sandwich for lunch

I couldn't eat rookworst on a frequent basis, but once in a while they really hit the spot
    Are they made of real rooks?

The Jackdaws nesting in the chimney want to know.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

As it transpires it got left next door when the new neighbours moved in.

Which is good news since I can now stop worrying about it.

Are they made of real rooks?

The Jackdaws nesting in the chimney want to know.
      No rooks involved, they'll be pleased to hear - it's Dutch for smoke

Comment

This one sounds more fun:

I, Frankenstein (2014) - IMDb

I suspect William Henry Pratt might have thought so too.

I'll comment further as and when I watch it.
        And, indeed, so it proved.

Much more fun, rather good in a totally off the wall battulip crazy sort of way.

Recommended.

If you have the opportunity to watch the Branagh crap, I recommend you don't bother.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Dutch smoked sausage sandwich for lunch

I couldn't eat rookworst on a frequent basis, but once in a while they really hit the spot
        I doubt I could eat it at all without dying slowly of dyspepsia.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 March 2019, 21:57.

Comment

I doubt I could eat it at all without dying slowly of dyspepsia.
          I have ranitidine on my regular prescription to combat that; it does a reasonable enough job, though some stuff can still get past it

Comment

One thing that definitely isn't causing dyspepsia is tonight's tea, which was a lovely roast chicken dinner

Quite a big chicken, too: 2.2kg, which is only a few ounces short of 5lb in real money

So plenty left for a future meal, and after that some quality soup will be made

Comment

No TV tonight, apart from a bit about the A1 whilst eating, as I'm trying to reorganise a bunch of related projects into Git submodules. Goes OK most of the time, but I tried to rename one and all hell broke loose; took me ages, including editing stuff in the .git folder directly, to sort it all out

All OK again now though

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny, very.

Coldish side of cool.

No discernable precipitation.

Frosty.

Utter chaos on the roads in Neath with bin lorries blocking the bus route making the bus 10 minutes late, then more chaos in Neath with London Rd closed leading to a diversion with temporary traffic lights to slow everything down even more.

But by the time we'd reached Swansea, it had made up a lot of time.

Comment

Morning denizens

Lovely sunny day out there, with a clear blue sky

Well, strictly speaking, I think I can detect an extremely thin, extremely high layer of water vapour towards the east which is making the blue slightly pastel; but it's barely noticeable

Comment

Is this thing on?

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                      Is this thing on?
                      No.

Comment

Working...
                      X