• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs and chips for tea

Rains stopped, at least briefly. And at a reported 8°C, it's a lot warmer than it's usually been at this time of night over the last few weeks

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Good. I've missed it.

The little arrows next to "Community", "Forum Actions" and "Quick Links" up the top there should be back too. I had to create new arrows, as they only provide a white one

Comment

Back to motorised mayhem yet again tonight with Furious 6 (2013), now known as Fast & Furious 6, which this time moves to London with a bit of Spain at the end. Again, not bad in terms of actual story, as well as the usual car-related stunts. And also notable for the most extreme example of going round a corner in London and arriving somewhere miles away in the next shot by having them drive up Charing Cross Road past the Garrick Theatre, go round a couple of corners, and enter the Mersey Tunnel; only to come out the other end in London again rather than either Liverpool or Birkenhead

Incidentally, if you pause the helicopter shot at just the right moment as they're getting on to Charing Cross Road from Trafalgar Square, you can clearly see The Harp brightly lit up just beyond the top of Adelaide Street on the righthand side of the screen

And I remembered to stop it before the post-credits teaser that gives away the ending of Tokyo Drift because I'll be watching that next, it being the third film made but actually the one after this in the storyline

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by gwynfryn View Post
          why wont my posts appear...
          Because they have to be moderated before they appear, just in case, like.

Once you've got to 100k posts they'll appear immediately.

mr test
          Please Delete?

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The little arrows next to "Community", "Forum Actions" and "Quick Links" up the top there should be back too. I had to create new arrows, as they only provide a white one
          White on a white background?

Like the black buttons on that ship in H2G2 that light up black when you press them but white?

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Back to motorised mayhem yet again tonight with Furious 6 (2013), now known as Fast & Furious 6, which this time moves to London with a bit of Spain at the end. Again, not bad in terms of actual story, as well as the usual car-related stunts. And also notable for the most extreme example of going round a corner in London and arriving somewhere miles away in the next shot by having them drive up Charing Cross Road past the Garrick Theatre, go round a couple of corners, and enter the Mersey Tunnel; only to come out the other end in London again rather than either Liverpool or Birkenhead

Incidentally, if you pause the helicopter shot at just the right moment as they're getting on to Charing Cross Road from Trafalgar Square, you can clearly see The Harp brightly lit up just beyond the top of Adelaide Street on the righthand side of the screen

And I remembered to stop it before the post-credits teaser that gives away the ending of Tokyo Drift because I'll be watching that next, it being the third film made but actually the one after this in the storyline

Goodnight all
          Stone me, you need a PhD to keep up with this crap.

So I need to find F&F6 before I watch #3?

Ah.

It has our hero Jason Statham in it, so as a completeness freak
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 February 2019, 14:00.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

bit murky today... cannot quite see the pennines.

what you probably do not know is that where I currently work is turning into an absolute farce

have had an new MD for last 2 years - he got booted tail end of last year and we have a bad case of emperors new clothes with no one willing to tell the new regime they know absolutely diddle squat about the business we are in - literally the exec between then have like 2 years experience of this business.

oh well.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out

Comment

White on a white background?

Like the black buttons on that ship in H2G2 that light up black when you press them but white?
                Just like that, yes - in the default colour scheme that section is dark, so white arrows are all anybody will need, right?

Stone me, you need a PhD to keep up with this crap.

So I need to find F&F6 before I watch #3?

Ah.

It has our hero Jason Statham in it, so as a completeness freak
                JS appears briefly in the post-credits teaser of FF6 (which gives away the ending of FF3), then takes on a starring role in FF7 and FF8

Comment

why wont my posts appear...

Comment

Gosh.

The sockies Specifically In General seem to be multiplying a bit.

Our new Bangalore friend is remarkable.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Gosh.

The sockies Specifically In General seem to be multiplying a bit.

Our new Bangalore friend is remarkable.
                      Indeed. AtW is, one hopes, correct in his prediction

Comment

Working...
                      X