• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    4 8 15 16 23 42.
    You’ve Lost me there.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey but comparatively mild again at 6°C

Rain later, though at least it'll keep things a bit warmer than last night

Comment

Lunch, late as always, of Heinz tomato soup with wholemeal toast. Inordinately nice

Comment

Tea/dinner was M&S breaded haddock which I managed, yet again, not cook to death.

It was nice enough.

This evening's epic is "Red River (1947)" with that Duke Wayne character.

Red River (1948) - IMDb

Stone me, it's looooooong.

There's only so much of cowboying one can tolerate.

Only 50 minutes left.

<hiatus>

And it just ends with the enemies reconciled.

Apparently Howard Hawkes had trouble editing it.

Cutting some of the cattle out might have helped.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 February 2019, 21:49.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

test please delete

Dinner at the Ardnamurchan. One of their cocktails is a Vesper, which they make with Caorunn gin and Absolut (which I’ve had a few times). I asked if they would mind changing the vodka to Zubrowka. Wow! Lifted the drink to a new level.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Mr

mr test

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Cutting some of the cattle out might have helped.
                Less cow, more boy

Just shipped the new batch of style fixes for the forum over to admin. Not sure when he'll apply them, but we'll finally have the "current page" indication back once he does

Comment

It's started chucking it down here while I've been thrashing around sorting out the forum stuff

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Less cow, more boy

Just shipped the new batch of style fixes for the forum over to admin. Not sure when he'll apply them, but we'll finally have the "current page" indication back once he does
                    Good. I've missed it.

I was surprised at how long it is (2hrs 7mins) and how crap the ending is (it just ends), and how boring 10,000 cattle are to look at, even in B&W.

Never mind, it removes 2 dvds (of course there were 2, did you doubt it?) from the a pile.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    It's started chucking it down here while I've been thrashing around sorting out the forum stuff
                    Been doing that here too, but it's stopped now.

TFBSZ
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

why wont my posts appear...

Comment

Working...
                      X