• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Morning.

Much warmer. 14.9 in the living room, 8.4 in the laundry room with a min of 8.2.

Grey. Endlessly greyly warmer.

Dry.

Not a very restful night's sleep.

Woke up at about 03:30 and turned the wireless on to discover the latter part of a World Service book club thingie with Lee Child waffling on about Jack Reacher.

I didn't realise he's a Brit. Child. Not Reacher.

Here you go, for those interested:

BBC World Service - World Book Club, Lee Child
    I've a few of his "books" in my audible collection - easy listening while I'm in the coding zone, or when I don't want to be pestered!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Rather sunny out

Not too cold either at a reported 9°C.

Just had a phone call from my mum. My dad's fallen over in the living room and can't get up due to pain from his hip; my sister's gone round, and the paramedics were just arriving. Hoping he hasn't broken it, but it doesn't sound too good. Waiting now for any updates

Comment

Trip to the dump done.

Trip to Tesco, Lidl, and Morrisons done.

Lamb roasted and eaten and very nice it was, along with a lamb's heart (stuffed).

Dishes to wash up.

Then it's glossing the door of the shed*.

*There is no sane reason for doing this but there you go.

I might take some more plasterboard and accumulated tulipe down the dump before I have a nice bonfire.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Just had a phone call from my mum. My dad's fallen over in the living room and can't get up due to pain from his hip; my sister's gone round, and the paramedics were just arriving. Hoping he hasn't broken it, but it doesn't sound too good. Waiting now for any updates
          Broken hip

Comment

Broken hip
            Oh dear. Sorry to hear that

Mr ms's aunt broke hers recently - after the op she was up and about in days, and now about 3 months later is walking without a stick - they really can work wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Oh dear. Sorry to hear that

Mr ms's aunt broke hers recently - after the op she was up and about in days, and now about 3 months later is walking without a stick - they really can work wonders.
              Just reading about it on the NHS website, and it does seem as if they put a lot of effort into getting you up and about ASAP nowadays, which is good.

Comment

Just reading about it on the NHS website, and it does seem as if they put a lot of effort into getting you up and about ASAP nowadays, which is good.
                I heard an apocryphal tale from a medic a number of years ago that the change in approach was after they realised that smokers recovered from joint operations faster because they were up and about earlier in order to go out for a smoke.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

He'll bounce back NF!

Mind you he'll have to watch out for the landings!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    I heard an apocryphal tale from a medic a number of years ago that the change in approach was after they realised that smokers recovered from joint operations faster because they were up and about earlier in order to go out for a smoke.
                    Wouldn't surprise me

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      He'll bounce back NF!

Mind you he'll have to watch out for the landings!
                      Hope so; my sister's at the hospital waiting for a surgeon to show up at the moment, while I'm at home texting her summaries of the hospital's KPIs from the National Hip Fracture Database

Comment

Working...
                      X