• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attempting to understand why Bristol Parkway to Cardiff Central is a quite reasonable (for the UK) £12, whilst the slightly longer Bath Spa to Cardiff is £21.70ish.

Then again, there's no sense to any of it so I'm going to bed.

TFBSZ.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's tea has had a negative impact on the freezer contents, being chicken dopiaza with rice and naan, and extremely tasty

So that's two portions of the dopiaza to go in the freezer, along with the spare naan (they come in packs of two)

But I'll dig something out to defrost for Sunday, assuming I go to the Chinese tomorrow

Comment

And tonight's major motion picture has been Skyscraper (2018), featuring that chap who was friends with the awfully big gorilla in Rampage. In this one, the new tallest building in the world (which you'd think the filmmakers would have seen as a good excuse for another big gorilla, but apparently not) has hired him as a security consultant and, as is usually the case when a big building is about to open in a film, all kinds of mayhem ensues.

Which reminds me, I must rewatch The Towering Inferno some time, although as I recall that doesn't have a gorilla either.

Anyway, Skyscraper's not bad as these things go, with a lot of entertaining action sequences, and a plot that isn't overburdened with holes

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

NotSoCold. 14 deg in the living room, 6 deg in the laundry room with a min of 4.3.

Possibly warm enough to turn the washing machine on.

Dry.

Windless.

One of those cold windless grey winter days that the renewables freaks tend not to mention.

Ah. The Rock. I rather like the nonsense he makes.

<hiatus>

Well there's about 40 of my duplicate dvds returned to a charity emporium that resells them for rather more than 33p.

CC paid off at the bank with a cheque.

Visit to the barber completed in record time.

It's very quiet out there. I think there may be Apache about or something.

Now in with the hoi polloi in an equally quiet library.

In a moment I shall be off to do some shopping.

I may be some time.

<hiatus, a bit longer than the previous one>

Shopping done.

Have got rid of about 3 feet of dvd duplicates, managed to purchase a further foot or so to keep stocks up.

Lunch/dinner today consisted of Heinz(tm) baked beans with a Morrisons individual pork pie (reduced) and a Morrisons cumberland sausage roll, all on some sunflower seeded Morrisons bread (unreduced).

It was pretty nice to get back to normal after Thursday & Friday's exotic Bath produced lunches/dinners.

The new builder is in next busily finding out all the hidden crap left by the previous contractor.

Since the new builder lives at the other end of the terrace, We Know Where He Lives.

In fact I feed his black cat, the one that lived in the shed until I spoiled it for him.

I think I'll undercoat the shed door this afternoon since it's a bit warmer than it has been recently.

Oh, and the washing is on.

The magnificent finery in which I slouch about was washed (economy mode) in the Logik and is now in the drier, whilst the cottons are in Miele.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 January 2019, 13:26.

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

I seem to sleep later than I thought I would if I don't set an alarm, but don't feel that much better for it. Probably the hibernation gene kicking in

Another grey day out there, though slightly balmier at about 6°C

I see the malware madness is still happening. It seems to get more active at weekends

Comment

Time for a sausage roll

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Time for a sausage roll
                  I had one earlier.

Now nuking that casserole thing I made last week.

I suspect it may well be disgusting, judging entirely by appearance.

However it wasn't particularly cheap so it's to be eaten regardless.

This afternoon has been spent in Pruning (more probably killing) the apple tree to remove a couple of branches that are in the way, one overhanging next door's garden path and the other having been pruned back to allow access to the shed, needed pruning back closer to the trunk since it was overshadowed by higher branches.

Also built a cat ladder to provide better access to the shed for the aforementioned black cat, who will very probably be too dense to realise what it's for.

<hiatus>

Fortunately the casserole thing was ok.

Can't say it's wonderful, but it was edible and a bit different.

Now wondering what to watch this evening.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 January 2019, 17:16.

Comment

Off to Neath early Sunday to watch Xtreme Enduro at Walter's Arena. 330 miles - madness?

valleysxtreme.com
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                      Off to Neath early Sunday to watch Xtreme Enduro at Walter's Arena. 330 miles - madness?

valleysxtreme.com
                      Yes.

HTH.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Time for a sausage roll
                      I decided that The Last One was making the fridge untidy so I had that too.

With brown sauce.

It was ok, but tasted a bit old really since it's been there for yonks.

And there we are, I'm back in my religious jumper and ancient cords, these having been washed today & tumbled dry.

The cottons have been done & tumbled dry.

The shirts are currently tumbling, and the dark garments are in the wash, with a finishing time of about 18:20 or so.

Plus I have a Nice Cup of tea to finish off my tea/dinner/brunch/breakfast/supper.

Amazingly enough, the paint that came out of that ancient tin of Wilko's undercoat seems to have dried quite fast.

The remains shall go down the tip tomorrow, along with some other paint tins left by the exbuilder next door.

One of the barbers mentioned a murder just up the road.

I'd forgotten all about it & hadn't realised exactly where it happened.

It's all going on around here I tell you.

Enduro is the least of it.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 January 2019, 17:55.

Comment

Working...
                      X