• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least the CovPusses like the corduroy trousers I'm wearing, which gets me some feline love and attention.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Tried a sausage roll just to make sure they were OK. Very nice, it was
      And then on to dinner: more of the roast beef, with chips, yorkshire's, peas, and gravy - I couldn't be bothered making more roast spuds, but that lot was very nice

And the rest of the beef has been carved into sandwich-ready form and packed away in the freezer. I forgot to count, but it's around eight to ten well-packed sandwiches' worth

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
        HNY all

Dark and cold here, rather unsurprisingly.
        Evening, and Happy New Year

Bit chilly here too

Originally posted by covbob View Post
        <Rant>
        Sounds like a right pain

I've got to get in touch with ExClientCo soon and see if they'd like any more stuff doing. We can cut out the agency now, but they were taken over by a German outfit over the summer, so for all I know they could be finishing a switchover to the parent company's systems and will then be throwing away the billing and management system we'd been working on for the last two-and-a-bit years

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          And here we go with the Waco nutjobs.
          Feck me, it's difficult to know which were the bigger nutjobs, the cretins in the ATF and the Feebs or the nutjobs in the encampment.

Oddly enough, one can see where Timothy McVeigh was coming from, which is even more disturbing.

A fair percentage of the Feebs seemed to have the sole ambition of killing people.

Which, to be fair, they seem to have achieved.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The recycling bin has been trundled forth. My neighbours seem to have managed to fill it very quickly since last Saturday's collection, and it sounded like it was mainly bottles and cans in there

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Feck me, it's difficult to know which were the bigger nutjobs, the cretins in the ATF and the Feebs or the nutjobs in the encampment.

Oddly enough, one can see where Timothy McVeigh was coming from, which is even more disturbing.

A fair percentage of the Feebs seemed to have the sole ambition of killing people.

Which, to be fair, they seem to have achieved.
              I'm going to watch it on iPlayer although I already know how it ends

Comment

Horrific.

It's almost as if the Federal Government is run by lying perfidious idiots.

Now why on earth would we think that?

The Feebs had a tactical team doing the sleep deprivation thing, while the negotiators were doing something completely different.

And don't get me started on the Feds who heroically took down Ruby Ridge.

Comment

And so I did, or part one anyway.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Cold. Very. 13.2 in the living room, 2.3 in the laundry room with a min of 1.8.

Brrrrrrr.

One posits that eventually it may, indeed, be sunny.:

And it's off for another day of DIY in Bath.

Comment

Morning all Reasonably clear skies here and cold. The sun hasn't made it over the hill yet. Looks like Dry January will make it through day 4
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X