• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, I'm going to brave the shops

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Right, I'm going to brave the shops
      And done

It wasn't too bad, really. Had to queue for a bit to drive into Out Of Town Retail Park; I blame the new Primark. M&S had sold out of remaindered pigs in blankets.

There were quite a few people in Sainsbury's who were under the mistaken impression that their movements about the store were as important as my own, and thus failed to clear a path for me with sufficient alacrity. But they're probably hungover, so you have to cut them some slack at this time of year

BTW, Sainsbury's have got some decent discounts on beer at the moment, such as Bishop's Finger for £1.25

Nothing off Old Peculier, sadly, though that didn't stop me adding some to the mix of discounted ones I gathered in

Comment

Fecked now.

Another afternoon of shoveling stuff about, and two barrowloads actually got dumped in a pothole.

Once I've recovered a bit I'll make tea/dinner/lunch/breakfast/brunch which today shall include a nice bit of poached salmon.

<hiatus>

Stone me, I really am knackered.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 December 2018, 17:42.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just encountered this ridiculous definition of a "serving" on the bottom of a tub of Quality Street:

Two sweets?! It's hardly worth opening the damn thing for that

Comment

Hmmm. You know those images of local attractions you can view at bottom of Google Maps. Hover over image and you get a line to whereabouts on the map. I just found that the Blackpool Tower is 6 miles away from me in Mid Sussex.
            Last edited by xoggoth; 28 December 2018, 18:22.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Just encountered this ridiculous definition of a "serving" on the bottom of a tub of Quality Street:

Having just finished off a box of Milk Tray, you're quite right.

Also I think I just died.

But the salmon was very nice so at least I died happyish.

Comment

Similarly a portion of Turkish Delight is just two lumps. I ate the box in two sittings.

Comment

Now watching "The Great Escape".

Unlike yesterday's pile of tulipe it actually has a beginning, an end, and a story in between.

Quite a remarkable idea really.

Ingmar Bergman probly didn't like it though.

Comment

Scouse for tea

I made it in the InstantPot™ just to see how it went. Probably saved some time, but to be honest most of the cooking time is just simmering gently anyway. Handy if I didn't have all day at my disposal though

Comment

Steve McQueen has just found out that the hole is 20 feet short of the woods.

Oh Dear(tm).

James Coburn has the least authentic Australian accent ever.

And there we have it.

Back in the cooler practicing baseball catches.

TFBSZ
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 December 2018, 23:51.

Comment

Working...
                      X