• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Notsodark.

Dry.

Dank.

Dreary.

Hints that there might be some sort of sun over Margam way.

Lovely half moon overhead.

Saw a star at the bus stop, which is something that's not been possible for several days.

No rain.

No wind.

Friday.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 November 2018, 08:05.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
      After a slow-ish, wet and windy drive down last night, just had a nice walk along the beach as the sun climbs up over Portland Bill.

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sun's come out, gone back in, it's rained a bit, and now it's a bit misty/hazy.

Comment

Morning denizens

Bright, calm day here

Only 9°C, but that's not bad for the last day of November.

And the recycling bins have been emptied. The general waste ones haven't been done yet, but at least they're not coming for them at five past seven in the morning like they used to

Comment

wfh today so went to the local retail park to get some paint

and succumbed to the dirty lure of KFC

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              wfh today so went to the local retail park to get some paint

and succumbed to the dirty lure of KFC

It's turned all gloomy out here now, presumably because out is where I went. A few spits of rain on the way to the shops and again coming back, but other than that I got off quite lightly.

And I had the car washed while I wandered the aisles of Sainsbury's. The car washing people have severely reduced their headcount and, where once they roamed far and wide across the extensive car park, now restrict themselves to two ranks in the middle.

Whether this is to create an extensive safe space for Brexiteers who were unnerved to be accosted with the offer of a cheap car wash by people with non-British accents, I don't know. But nothing would surprise me nowadays

Anyway, shopping done, and I got myself a couple of southern not-fried chicken thighs from the hot food counter for a late lunch

Comment

In other news, for those who don't frequent their forums, I resigned as an IPSE director today.

Not going into details here, but it does mean I can behave as badly as I want at the CUK Christmas party (and other social occasions!)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  In other news, for those who don't frequent their forums, I resigned as an IPSE director today.

Not going into details here, but it does mean I can behave as badly as I want at the CUK Christmas party (and other social occasions!)

Tea, aka dinner, this evening was M&S breaded haddock.

As it transpired I could have spent £100 entertaining my nephew & his wife instead, but I missed the text (that phone was upstairs all day), and I didn't start this box up until the fish was gently frying.

Followed by nothing much due to the DS custard free diet.

The DS sorror reckons there's a good month's worth of work next door, with corresponds with my estimate, at the very least.

This fecking builder is getting on our collective tits & not in a good way.

Feck nose what's going to happen for Xmas.

Apparently there's a Plan B.

I wonder wtf that is.

This evening's epic was "Duplicity" with Clive Owen and Julia Roberts.

Duplicity (2009) - IMDb

I found it irritatingly tedious.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 November 2018, 22:00.

Comment

Work continues at the new kebab shawarma place over the road, even though the shopfitting was complete by last week sometime. Must surely be opening soon…

They've now got the chap from the picture framing place, which also does printing and such, popping round while they wield a tape measure. I assume they're getting him to do some posters, or maybe those big photographs of food that looks nothing like what you actually get that takeaways like to stick up around their counters

The picture framer walks with a pronounced limp, which I'd never noticed before.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      those big photographs of food that looks nothing like what you actually get that takeaways like to stick up around their counters
                      Particularly true of the Chinese up the road, which until recently still had the pictures put up by the previous owners who sold Italian stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X