• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the Bolton office for 1 day today, Worcester until Friday starting tomorrow.

Pool Car collected - Nissan Juke. Can I have another one for the other foot?

Early start in the morning.

As an aside, I saw a rat scurrying along a street full of people while in Bochum on Thursday night - big and grey. I've never seen one of those in Manchester - we must've eaten 'em all.

Rat on a stick, get 'em while they're 'ot, come and get yer rat on a stick!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      Or rat burger and a beer....oh yeah....

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Back in the Bolton office for 1 day today, Worcester until Friday starting tomorrow.

Pool Car collected - Nissan Juke. Can I have another one for the other foot?

Early start in the morning.

As an aside, I saw a rat scurrying along a street full of people while in Bochum on Thursday night - big and grey. I've never seen one of those in Manchester - we must've eaten 'em all.

Or Inna Bun! - rat inna bun! special offer, today only

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

The rain, which has been off and on since this afternoon, seems to have finally stopped for the night.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            That's the plan!

Lunch has been a bowl of Scotch broth out of the freezer, with a couple of thick crusts of wholemeal bread

Polish bread and sweet potato soup for lunch..

My colleagues were disappointed no Ogres were involved.

Tomorrow is pea & mint + Polish or Romanian bread. Mr Singh does a nice loaf..

Tonight was mini corn + mangetout plus breaded chicken (posh stuff, apparently someone's finest not KFC).
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

funeral <and wake> of a dear young friend today.
              lots of beer and sarnies, and very loud rock/punk/blues/you name it music.
              a bit sad, i am, but tulip happens

Comment

Tea, aka "dinner", was some more of yesterday's beef, followed by some tinned peaches with, you guessed it, custard.

It was very nice.

This evening's entertainment began with "A Christmas Carol(1984)" with George C. "Patton" Scott and Edward "Callan" Woodward.

It was very good.

A Christmas Carol (TV Movie 1984) - IMDb

Followed by the thing on BBC4 about the wonders of Teflon, brought to you by the remarkable DuPont company, makers, IIRC, of Agent Orange.

Their manufacture of Teflon(tm) has managed to pollute the entire fecking planet.

Despite 3M informing them that waste water from the process should not be discharged to streams & rivers, guess what, they did anyway.

Quite quite remarkable.

Anyone want to buy a non stick frying pan still?
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  funeral <and wake> of a dear young friend today.
                  lots of beer and sarnies, and very loud rock/punk/blues/you name it music.
                  a bit sad, i am, but tulip happens
                  <- manly

Comment

TV rather than films this evening, with S1E2 of Babylon 5, followed by a little of The West Wing.

Interesting article on the wretched neglect by Warner Brothers of the former: ‘Babylon 5’ is great, so why does it look so bad?

Goodnight all

Comment

cold n wet n miserable in Manchester today

so back to what we expect then

Comment

Working...
                      X