• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a change to The Now Usual Arrangements, caught a 34 out to Tesco's, did some shopping, potentially shoplifted a dvd, went back in to pay for said dvd at which point the alarm went apetulip, then caught a 202 back across the river & walked the rest of the way home.

The dvd security tag didn't go off because I reckon it was shielded by the trolley, being upright against the metal bars.

I recall paying for a dvd in Woolies, walking out with no problem, and about 5 years later discovering the antitheft thing was still in place, though Woolies wasn't any more.

Took a good deal of firkling to get the damn thing out too.

The Virgin installation next door has been postponed for a fortnight, which is all to the good since there's currently (see wot I did there? Geddit? Geddit?) no electric sockets to plug anything into.

Very mild and sunny out there at the moment, with a remarkably CBS of the sort that one very rarely sees in these here parts, pardner.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out

Not very warm though; about 8°C out there

Comment

Afternoon denizens.

Grey in a murky half hearted sort of way. Hints of blue stuff starting to appear. Cool.

Out for an hour on the bike this morning, seeing how the new tyres behave on green lanes and towpaths as opposed to your actual tarmac. They seen to work well enough that I stayed rubber side down despite some occasional moments where it got slippery.

Got home to find that one of the bolts holding the cleats to my left shoe had undone itself, leading to a split second of blind panic as I tried and failed to get my foot out of the pedal. Managed to get the other one unclipped before I did the whole falling sideways like a sack of spuds thing.

Left over Chinese from last night for lunch.

Mrs B. making noises about wanting to go look in the kind of shops that sell home furnishings this afternoon. please someone.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Totally CBS here.

So the question is: gardening or a bus trip to B&Q and Currys with the possibility that I may come back with a new tv.

On the bus. .

Decisions decisions.

In other news, lunch was a tin of Heinz Baked Beans with little sausages that taste exactly like the little sausages you find in tins of Heinz Baked Beans. BBE 07/15 so relatively in date, all in all.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 November 2018, 13:55.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            So the question is: gardening or a bus trip to B&Q and Currys with the possibility that I may come back with a new tv.
            Might be a bit tricky manhandling a 60" telly on to the bus, but worth a try

Comment

Couple of reheated roast chicken thighs for lunch. Very nice, though I think three would have been even better

Comment

Looks like I'm off to the pub later

That means I'll have to get to the Chinese early

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Might be a bit tricky manhandling a 60" telly on to the bus, but worth a try
                  Nah. 32". I don't live in a council house.

Tea, aka "dinner" was a further (ridiculously large) portion of spag bol.

I can never judge the right amount of spag, whereas the amount of bol is easy.

<hiatus>

Feck me, I've eaten much too much.

I was going to light a bonfire but I think I'll leave it for tomorrow.

<hiatus>

This evening's first epic is "National Treasure(2004)" with Nick Cage, Sean Bean, et al.

National Treasure (2004) - IMDb

It's ok in its way.

The baddies are mostly Brits of course.

Who was the last traitor to be hanged, drawn & quartered?

So we could have done the rebels in Septicland that way if we'd won.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 November 2018, 20:35.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Tea, aka "dinner" was a further (ridiculously large) portion of spag bol.
                    you mean 'dinner, aka tea' shirley

Comment

Dinner, aka 'tea' is a sainsburys salmon fishcake with chilli and ginger.
                      accompanied by chips, peas, and sweet chilli sauce.
                      rather yum, IMMHO

Comment

Working...
                      X