• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    Anyone else here shocked that NF actually made a coding mistake once?
    I make them repeatedly. It's the only way I ever learn

Comment

X5 again this evening, fortunately with a driver who didn't take the slowdown rumble strips at 50mph so my fillings didn't fall out this time.

Boiled beef lamb and carrots & onions for tea/dinner/whateverthefeckit'scalled followed by stewed blackberries and custard.

The custard was too thick so it wasn't as nice as usual.

The house finally seems to have lost that indefinable smell of kippers.

It's only taken 24 hours.

I'm totally exhausted after today's actual work in work.

Just not used to it any more.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

My office chair is a lot more comfortable since I found the height adjustment. It used to give me a headache, usually associated with a crick in the neck, if I sat in it for any period of time, but now it's at a decent height it's actually rather comfortable

It's a cast-off from my parents, so I didn't have any instructions, and it wasn't obvious it could be adjusted at all. Turned out the handle that appeared to merely enable/disable the pitch also controls the height, but only if you pull it the opposite way to the way I've pulled it on all previous attempts to sort it out

Comment

Today's cinematic epic is "License to Kill(1984)" which has Denzel Washington on the cover.

License to Kill (TV Movie 1984) - IMDb

It's slightly misleading since he's "and costarring... blah... and Denzel Washington".

It's made for tv.

But it's only 92 minutes long.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 November 2018, 20:49.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

test please delete

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Today's cinematic epic is "License to Kill(1984)"
            Different from the 1989 movie of the same name which was going to be called “Licence Revoked” until the producers discovered that the US audience didn’t know what “revoked” meant.

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Different from the 1989 movie of the same name which was going to be called “Licence Revoked” until the producers discovered that the US audience didn’t know what “revoked” meant.
              yes, like the movie 'the madness of king george' was renamed from 'the madness of king george III' because the septics would want to watch the first two in the series first.

Comment

watching 'space dive' - felix baumgartner jumped from 36K and reached mach1.3 ish
                FFS!
                there are some seriously crazy feckers out there

<i pale into insignificance, well, almost>

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  watching 'space dive' - felix baumgartner jumped from 36K and reached mach1.3 ish
                  FFS!
                  there are some seriously crazy feckers out there

<i pale into insignificance, well, almost>
                  Yeah, the difference between you and him is how you eat your bowl of pasta.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Yeah, the difference between you and him is how you eat your bowl of pasta.
                    never tried eating pasta in near space, but if you pay for the trip, - i'm game

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      never tried eating pasta in near space,
                      Not even upside down in a fighter jet?

Comment

Working...
                      X