• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping done, dad awake and wandering around, rugby on soon.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      My trip out to Tesco's is unlikely to be so benign.

And I have to purchase a copy of "The Outlaw(1943)" that I spotted in a charity emporium & conflated with "Lust in the Dust a.k.a Duel In the Sun(1947)" so didn't buy it.

And it's just started to rain.
      As indeed it wasn't.

The "rain" was doing its best to flood the road, so I caught the X55, went & bought "The Outlaw", caught the 32 out to Tesco, did the shopping & then caught the 58 back to Neath.

By which time the sun had come out and the rain had stopped.

Just had my dinner, which was a tin (BBE 2013) of Heinz baked beans with little sausage, followed by a Muller fruit corner (BBE next week).

It wasn't exactly yum, but it did the needful.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Home!

Some accident on the A23 inspired Google Maps to redirect me via Pease Pottage to get to the start of the M23. What it didn't know was that due to last night's rain, the road to the motorway junction was flooded, about six inches deep, so everybody was having to crawl really slowly through that. By the time I got through, the A23 had been cleared anyway

And then there was a crash on the M1, so I took the M40 instead which added a bit more time.

Knackered now

Comment

No doubt "I" have related the tale of returning from Mitcheldean to find the A465 up the Clydach gorge closed.

And of being redirected by the plod over some ridiculous side road up the side of the hill, getting lost, getting unlost, finally finding the road to Bryn Mawr and getting back on the A465.

By which time the A465 had reopened & traffic was flowing freely.

I was ever so pleased to have wasted another half an hour of my life for nothing.

Another time, during a deluge, the A465 was about a foot deep in water towards the top of the hill, which is a neat trick on a slope that's about 20%.

Oh, and the water had rocks in it, along with an unfortunate member of the plod who had the enviable task of directing traffic.

Oh how we larfed.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Home!

Knackered now
          You & me both.

I think it's time to get the car MOTed.

Comment

Homemade sausage rolls (left over from the other day) for lunch

Comment

20 minutes of "gardening" brought to a halt by the return of the monsoon.

Never mind, it decimated a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                And I have to purchase a copy of "The Outlaw(1943)" that I spotted in a charity emporium & conflated with "Lust in the Dust a.k.a Duel In the Sun(1947)" so didn't buy it.
                It's A Bit Slow*.

The Outlaw (1943) - IMDb

The sale of two titties is outstanding.

Feck me, the music is irritating.

And the transfer is a muddy as the bottom of a river.

And I can't find anything that indicates that Billy the Kid ever met Doc Holliday.

*In fact it's Very Very Slow but the cleavage sort of makes up for some of it. And we've just had The Wet tee shirt moment.

Cue The Native Americans.

Dear Deity, there's another half an hour to go.

It really is as bad as "Lust in the Dust".

Actually I think it's worse.

Gosh that was almost exciting.

The bosoms make up for a lot.

Stone me, thank feck that's over.

History rewritten.

And I've just discovered that I already had a copy, as is only right & proper.

And it's tipping down outside.

Again.

Today's 2nd feature is "Another Pair of Aces: 3 of a kind" with Rip Torn and Kris Kristofferson.

Another Pair of Aces: Three of a Kind (TV Movie 1991) - IMDb

In its 4:3 of made for tv glory.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 November 2018, 18:44.

Comment

Just had a bottom a nap, which is most unusual for me; but I now feel slightly better prepared for the evening

Not that I'm doing anything, other than popping along to the Chinese for dinner. But even that felt like it was going to be a bit of a challenge

Comment

steak pie and chips for dinner, -rather tasty i thought

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Just had a bottom a nap, which is most unusual for me; but I now feel slightly better prepared for the evening

Not that I'm doing anything, other than popping along to the Chinese for dinner. But even that felt like it was going to be a bit of a challenge
                      Not sure how autocorrect got from "bit of" to "bottom"

Comment

Working...
                      X