• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laundry done. It's one constant round of excitement here today

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Laundry done. It's one constant round of excitement here today
      I'm breathless just reading it

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
        Happy birthday TPD!

It's all the fault of that Zeity idiot.

Currently "watching" Doctor Who.

It's not gripping.

This alien just eats stuff.

Which is unfortunate in an operating spacecraft.

But looking on the bright side, it doesn't ooze acid saliva.

Tea turned out to be a helping of today's lentil <pffffft> soup, which was bland () but quite palatable.

Dear Deity we just had "this is the iPhone verison of CERN".

Someone shoot me now.

Following the afternoon's continuing gardening, this afternoon's first epic was "MI V" which is pretty good in a fecking ridiculous sort of way.

How did the Chechen's get an A400M and why are its control systems all written in Cyrillic?

And in MI IV, why do the Russians fit their submarine launched ICBM warheads with kill switches?

Can this programme get any more fecking PC?

Dear Deity.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        I'm breathless just reading it
        I can give you a blow by blow account of the honeysuckle war if you'd prefer.

Oh good, we're going back to India in 1947 next week.

There's something to look forward to and no mistake.

Dear Deity.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 November 2018, 19:51.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Haddock, chips and peas for Dinner, courtesy of the good captain and his aunt.

mmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            I’m half way through a bottle of 2015 home brew cider I just found in the beer fridge. Put it through the sodastream to give it a bit of sparkle, and it’s going down well. This was the finest cider I’ve made, and runs at about 7%.
            2017 batch 1 cider is light - probably 4.5%, but quite tasty none the less.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I can give you a blow by blow account of the honeysuckle war if you'd prefer.

nasty man, what did i ever do to you?

Comment

The MI V thing being finished, the Oak Island nutjobs are now in the process of draining the swamp.

About as successful as Trump's attempts.

They just found a nail.

It's a "handmade spike".

Off some sort of ship.

The excitement is palpable.

Will this be the episode that reveals the gold coloured thing at the bottom of the new hole.

Nope.

Tune in again next week.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 November 2018, 21:58.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  The MI V thing being finished, the Oak Island nutjobs are now in the process of draining the swamp.

About as successful as Trump's attempts.

They just found a nail.
                  their arses are safe from alligators at present then?

watching guy martin on CH4 - my kind of nutter
                  the fastest van in the world? - heee

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I've got a pound of mince I need to cook for dinner, so I'm trying to decide which of numerous possibilities to go for. I suspect I'll just end up making scouse; it's a scouse kind of day
                    No scouse in the end: I summoned up enough enthusiasm to make a big dish of cottage pie instead. Very nice it is

Additional portions will go in the freezer, if I can find room.

Comment

Tonight's foreign film was L'armée du crime (2009), aka The Army of Crime, being a based-on-a-true-story thing about a French Resistance group in Paris. I'd started watching this ages ago and got bored after thirty minutes. This time I made it all the way through, though parts of it do drag. Still, it's not too bad; not an action film, mind.

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X