• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's classic movie was Badlands (1973), in which a youthful Martin Sheen and Sissy Spacek do the have-guns-will-murder-people-and-travel thing so beloved of American youth. It's possible I saw this when the BBC showed it in August 1980, but I didn't remember it. Excellent film

Goodnight all

Comment

Dry.

CBS.

Sunny, though the bus was 12 minutes late so I missed the dazzling golden sunrise as it broke through the murk over Margam.

Cold.

Much colder than yesterday, 2.9 min in the laundry room.

No wind, so the windmills are working hard trying to stir some up, like.

And bestest of all it's Friday.

147 days to retirement.

Not that I'm counting of course.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all Clear blue skies and sunshine here, but quite a hard frost on the grass.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Good morning all!

Day 45 of permydom.

Bolton on't 'ill - weather is cold, dry and bright.

Looks like I'll be doing some unpaid overtime at the weekend - oh well, contributes to the bonus I suppose!

Have a good one all!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

wfh today.

Its bright n sunny too.

But really struggling to motivate myself today...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              wfh today.

Its bright n sunny too.

But really struggling to motivate myself today...
              Ditto. On a 90 minute conf call where the first 30 minutes has been a "5 minute" recap of the previous call in the series...

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny but, shall we say, crisp out there - though it's now crept up to 8°C, so maybe it'll have become positively Mediterranean by lunchtime

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  Ditto. On a 90 minute conf call where the first 30 minutes has been a "5 minute" recap of the previous call in the series...

yeah - also stuck on a 90 minute call - waiting for my turn to speak about my non action which has now been descoped anyway

Comment

Currently doing config documentation, while intermittently watching the readouts on a solar display as it recharges batteries that were drained yesterday because a new 3kW water heater was installed at the cricket pitch and they decided to run it to heat a full tank from 5C to 55C on a very overcast day.
                    They used 11kWh of electric, but solar only generated 2kWh, so 9kWh was drained from the batteries, which took them from 65% to 15%
                    The previous day they had used 32% of the battery power.

...but I'm impressed - two days of continuous lights on, electric used on water pumps to flush the toilets, run the drills, etc used by the workers, and run the water heater, and the system isn't dead.
                    The battery bank has recharged by 9% based on this morning's sunlight, and I reckon it's got about 4 more hours of charging to go today.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I had some w*rk to do. Sadly it is done.

I have read all the news sites. Thought about visiting CUK. But decided I would comment on DM articles instead. Sadly that ended so here I am.

I might spend some time looking through old Monday Links. Always something good going on there.

I do hope NF will leave 100 years supply of Monday Links in his will.......

Comment

Working...
                      X