• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning

Earlier than usual start this morning due to Virgin digging trenches in the pavement in front of my house.

08:00 sharp with the fecking angle grinder

Still, a good excuse to pop down the caff for the full english <although the caff is run by turkish cypriots>

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Tonight's big feature was Logan's Run (1976), one of those films that I've somehow never seen before: I had a vague feeling I might have caught at least some of it on TV in the 1980s, but none of it rang a bell, so I probably didn't bother because of the bad reviews it got when it came out.

It's fairly shonky in parts; quite a few parts, actually. But it's not that bad. It's just not that good, either

And then an episode of The West Wing, and the ones after that were a two-parter so I thought I might as well get them out of the way too

Goodnight all

Jenny Agutter in short skirts??

JENNY AGUTTER IN LOGANS RUN - Video Dailymotion
      Last edited by vetran; 30 October 2018, 10:28. Reason: video not working
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Personally I haven't yet got over my shock at the very concept of a Moonbase sans any ladies in purple wigs.

Surely this cannot be true.

Oh, thank feck, it's 11.

The chap I can't stand has fecked off, though he'll be back at 13:00.

Ho very hum.

In Ye Olde Slough of Desponde I managed to avoid the ****, but down here in The New Slough of Despond he's in My Fecking Lab for 16 hours.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 October 2018, 11:03.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Chilly, though not as cold as yesterday morning

Comment

Sorting out the month's expenses as it's my Ltd's year end tomorrow. I've decided I'll finally ditch the SJD spreadsheet in favour of their new-ish online system from now on; it's been up and running for over a year, so I daresay they've got most of the inevitable bugs ironed out by now

Comment

Time to make some lunch to eat while watching the Apple Event at 2

Comment

Afternoon all

In today's shock news, someone has defiled my favourite trap at ClientCo. Somehow they've not just left skidmarks but actual lumps on the porcelain. To make it more bizarre it's on the side, as if they were using it sidesaddle...

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  Afternoon all

In today's shock news, someone has defiled my favourite trap at ClientCo. Somehow they've not just left skidmarks but actual lumps on the porcelain. To make it more bizarre it's on the side, as if they were using it sidesaddle...
                  Are there shoeprints on the seat?

Used to have a lot of trouble with that Up the Hill, back in the day, like.

Some feckwhit has an external speaker giving a lecture tomorrow and keeps on spamming the place desperately seeking mugs to go & listen to him.

Mind you, coming all the way from Oz to talk to this bunch, he probably deserves a XXXX.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Are there shoeprints on the seat?

Used to have a lot of trouble with that Up the Hill, back in the day, like.
                    Funny you should say that - it was my guess too, what with an International consultancy bringing a lot of bodies in.

Comment

Humongous fry-up duly created and consumed

New MacBook Air and Mac mini both look good

Comment

Working...
                      X