• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dull and overcast in Manchester

I am in a foul mood for some reason.

The day will probably not end well!

Comment

Morning

sun's burned through the mist now.
      Looks pleasantly autumnal out there.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Several extra hours of sleep this morning for some reason

Ah well, I daresay I needed it. Anyway, not too warm but quite sunny out

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          ahh, 'cos you can?
          he is doing clever stuff with map tiles? see earlier episodes...

I expect a CUK map resplendent with pins to show hotels we have all stayed at! Or the best Chinese in each town.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Laundry (or parts thereof) done, so at least I've accomplished something today

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              he is doing clever stuff with map tiles? see earlier episodes...

I expect a CUK map resplendent with pins to show hotels we have all stayed at! Or the best Greggs in each town.
              FTFY.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Laundry (or parts thereof) done, so at least I've accomplished something today
              Me too.

I just trimmed a big "Read This" notice so it fits the space available in my window.

<hiatus>

Just wandered off to the bog & on the way noticed An Esteemed Customer, a fat bastard Largish Gentleman gently snoring away slumped over a table in the open access.

What made it even more remarkable was that he'd taken his shoes off for maximum comfort.

I was prevented from taking my usual lunchtime nap to the strains of DSOTM* by unaccustomed company at 13:00.

So now

*The clocks striking during "Time" do tend to wake one up though.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 October 2018, 15:08.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Skipped lunch and, as usual, only had coffee for breakfast. Absolutely famished, so I popped down to Iceland. Now I have a home-baked Greggs sausage roll to tide me over till teatime

Comment

Tea was the rest of the roast pork, with chips and gravy

Comment

Tea was the beef with carrots & onions.

It was pretty good.

This evening's epic is "The Boys from Brazil(1978)" with Gregory Peck, Larry Olivier, James Mason.

The Boys from Brazil (1978) - IMDb

We're getting into remarkably advanced genetic engineering for 1978.

"If only you knew what I've seen with your eyes" sort of thing.

It was ok in its way.

It only needed a touch of Wagner's Valkyrie to give one the urge to annex the Sudetenland all over again again.

It's a curious that such a thing as cloning a long dead human could have been imagined to have happened in the mid 60s.

I'm not altogether sure it could be done these 50 years later.

The BP is down to 120/78 today.

Much lower & I'll be falling over getting out of bed again.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 October 2018, 21:30.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

steak pie, chips and peas, here, with a drop of rioja

Comment

Working...
                      X