• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=DoctorStrangelove;2593861]

Hope that Zeity character doesn't notice.

One's liver, bacon, and onion gravy were Very Nice.

MMM, haven't had that for a while, i'm salivating now <or slavering, perhaps>

The continuing lack of NaCl renders it less nice than it might have been, but there you go.

surely you can have some? get a wrist monitor, 25 quid or so from boots, or whoeover

Comment

sainsbury's chicken jalfrezi with pilau rice for dinner, 'cos i went to a different hostelry today.
      must start cooking again, really.
      maybe tomorrrow

Comment

No Chinese tonight. A friend got in touch just as I was about to head down there to see if I fancied meeting for a pint or more, and what with having to shower and shave for the benefit of the wider community and to avoid startling livestock, I wouldn't have had time. So I had some chicken and barley soup out of the freezer, with a couple of thick bits of brown bread

Off to the pub in a minute

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          No Chinese tonight. A friend got in touch just as I was about to head down there to see if I fancied meeting for a pint or more, and what with having to shower and shave for the benefit of the wider community and to avoid startling livestock, I wouldn't have had time. So I had some chicken and barley soup out of the freezer, with a couple of thick bits of brown bread

Off to the pub in a minute
          posh pubs round yours then, eh?

Comment

[QUOTE=BR14;2593870]
            Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            surely you can have some? get a wrist monitor, 25 quid or so from boots, or whoeover
            Got an upper arm one from Lidl(tm).

This tells me that the BP is rather less than 150/90, and more like 125/82 or some such.

If I've got to cut the salt out then I might as well cut it all out.

The remaining question is what to do with the 8kg of cooking salt left by Strangelove Mater.

I suppose it'll come in handy for defrosting the paths when the snow starts next week.

This evening's entertainment began with "Conspiracy Theory(1997)" with Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts.

Conspiracy Theory (1997) - IMDb

It was rather good all in all, and just goes to prove that merely because you're paranoid it doesn't mean that they're not really out to get you.

Or something.

There's too many negatives in that.

Followed by "Public Enemy" with Johnny Depp & Christian Bale.

Public Enemies (2009) - IMDb

That was rather good too, and came on a strangely gold coloured dvd which I rather suspect is a bootleg.

It played ok though, and began by telling me that gold dvds are much much better than those blue dvdr copies.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Quite an enjoyable evening down the pub. If nothing else, it confirmed that the hearing aids are working, as I only had to ask somebody to repeat something once and they'd mumbled so that was their fault

And once home, entertainment came from Deep Cover (1992), in which Laurence Fishburne plays a cop investigating a drug cartel, and is also listed on the credits as "Larry Fishburne". Judging by IMDb, he switched to "Laurence" about a year later, presumably because it conveys more gravitas. A fairly straightforward undercover cop thriller in many ways; none the worse for that, though, and worth a watch should it come your way

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Clear blue skies and sunshine here, supposed to be away this week with The Wife (tm), but have to catch a flight later to see a rather unwell dad.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Morning all

Clear blue skies and sunshine here, supposed to be away this week with The Wife (tm), but have to catch a flight later to see a rather unwell dad.

15.8 deg in here earlier, 10.1 min in the laundry room.

Sky was clear and blue, now it's clouding over ready for the rain that is to come.

The beef has roasted and is resting while waiting for the wegetables to cook.

The house has been vacced.

This is all arse about face today due to the failure to shift one's sticks to get an MOT on the car last week.

Desert Island Discs just offered the Bible to an Indian gentleman.

He wanted something rather more appropriate.

<hiatus>

The beef was ok, but I'd overcooked it again.

Dunno how since it's twice the size of the usual lump.

Stewed the last red gooseberries in the freezer as bequeathed by Strangelove Mater some time between 2010 and 2013.

They were Very Sharp Indeed and went well with some nice custard.

In other news, I found a 1944 ha'penny in some building detritus yesterday.

For the uninitiated, that's half an old penny, of which there were 240 in a £ sterling.

So that's 480 ha'pennies in a £.

Which makes it worth about a fifth of a new penny.

As an indication of inflation since then (mostly in the late 60s, 70s, & 80s), you could get a bus ride from here to skool for three ha'ence, and the bus stop was on a street mostly devoid of cars, whereas a bus couldn't get along that street any more because of cars parked both sides.

Sadly I can't remember the number of the bus.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 October 2018, 12:43.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Brighter earlier, but it's turned a bit grey now

Mild though, at around 18°C

Comment

CBS all day in sarf herts
                      very pleasant afternoon spent in the pub garden.
                      oh, frabjous day

Comment

Working...
                      X