• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark n dreary in Manchester

Not too cold mind you.

Comment

Black verging into grey.

Dry.

Wind is windier than yesterday's not much wind wind.

Bit drizzly but nothing horizontal.

The boat full of logs has been unloaded & it's gone whilst the logs remain, some of which are being loaded onto trucks right now.

WTF is all this wood for?

We don't need pit props any more.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Dark n dreary in Manchester

Not too cold mind you.

Not quite blanket grey and visibility has dropped enough to obscure Winter Hill. A dull day all round I expect. Ho hum, coffee time.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Can't decide whether not being able to see Margam is good or bad.

It's a bit 50/50 really.

Comment

Morning all
            Very murky earlier, but it's burning off now.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Fairly grey out

Light grey tending to white, though, rather than the gloomy grey tending to black of yesterday.

Comment

Currently watching an Esteemed Customer oik watching tv during a maths class.

He should go far.

Just found out my mate's been in hospital for 18 days.

He's got bowel cancer, poor sod.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 October 2018, 11:25.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Another pile of junk gone through and largely disposed of - well, shredded for the most part

This was assorted stuff that had previously been Put To One Side To Go Through Later, maybe two years ago or so. Since then it's remained on a battered old coffee table which I have decided is surplus to requirements, on the grounds that I haven't missed it when it was unavailable to me for however long it's been, and most of the stuff on it needs to be got rid of too

One fairly small box has proved adequate to hold most of the stuff that isn't going right now, so that it can be Gone Through Later
                  The coffee table has been cleared, in the sense that the stuff that was on it has largely been moved on to other flat areas in its immediate vicinity, with a small amount being disposed of

On reflection, I won't get rid of it just yet; instead it shall be returned to its role as a small, low table, rather than a storage unit. There's an old, very battered and rather flimsy wooden tea trolley thing that I've been using as a side table, but that both takes up more space and looks much worse, so I've decided that will go instead.

I'm now waiting for my throat to clear itself of the dust I disturbed so I can have lunch without coughing out every mouthful

Comment

Sausages in rolls for lunch

Now allowing a little time for digestion before starting back in on the living room

Comment

Sun's out.

And as soon as I typed that it went in again.

The dock was blue for a while.

The graving dock, of course, being fed from the river, is a murky greeny grey brown colour much like normal.

Looking on the bright side (tm), there's only 20 more minutes of tedium to go.

Comment

Working...
                      X