• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Film 2 was "K19 the widow maker" with Harrison Ford and Liam Neeson.

K-19: The Widowmaker (2002) - IMDb

It was rather gripping though it didn't make its money back.
    I watched that just over a year ago, it seems:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tonight's movie spectacular was K-19: the Widowmaker, based (very loosely according to the surviving crew members) on the true story of the USSR's first nuclear missile submarine, which broke down in the North Atlantic on its maiden voyage. It was interesting enough, but not as exciting as, say The Hunt for Red October or Morning Departure
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    The ongoing lurgy is ongoing.

Much alcohol helps.

In this case, Gran Marnier.

Which is about to run out to be replaced by Southern Comfort.
    Get well soon <- manly

Comment

Thanks.

I prefer Gran Marnier to Southern Comfort but I've drunk all of the first and have 3 bottles of the 2nd.

There's a docu showing on CLTV (whatever the feck that is, 161 on Freesat) all about "The Wall".

<hiatus>

TFBSZ.

Gosh.

"Peyton Place" is showing on "Talking Pictures"
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 October 2018, 22:04.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

This evening's film has been Vantage Point (2008), in which what seems like a straightforward assassination attempt against the President of the USA is seen repeatedly from the differing perspective of the various characters wittingly or unwittingly involved, until the entire story finally becomes clear. So it's a bit like The Grauniad's famous 1986 TV ad, if you took that idea and extended it from a 30 second commercial to a 90 minute film. I thought it was very good; well worth a watch.

And to follow, Black Mirror S3E1: Nosedive, concerning a world in which social media ratings are the entire determinant of social status, virtually equivalent to wealth in their own right; as if society consisted almost entirely of those weirdoes who demand free hotel rooms in return for Instagramming themselves on the toilet, or whatever. Entertaining stuff, though hopefully not an accurate prediction of our future. God knows where CUK likes would land you in a world like that

Anyway, early(ish) night now, for tomorrow I travel south for a double birthday celebration

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          This evening's film has been Vantage Point (2008), in which what seems like a straightforward assassination attempt against the President of the USA is seen repeatedly from the differing perspective of the various characters wittingly or unwittingly involved, until the entire story finally becomes clear.
          Watched that a couple of months ago, having the requisite two copies of course.

Today it's reached the heights of 14.6 deg in the living room with a sweat inducing 6.3 deg in the laundry room, this being the min value too.

The lurgy has reached the sore throat and bunged up stage, with my tinnitus doing its thing just to lend a hand, like.

Getting rather fed up with this being ill on the weekends thing, I'm sure that fecking building is doing it, and the bus is helping out where it can.

Never had this in Ye Olde Slough of Despond, dreadful though it was, and the train seemed a rather healthier option.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 October 2018, 20:37. Reason: A random capital T appeared in months for no readily apparent reason other than the editor not working properly on this box.

Comment

Morning all yesterday’s rain and wind have given way to clear skies this morning. Time to go for a quiet hunt in the woods.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

The weather app says "sunny", but the window says "high, thin overcast still hasn't gone"

And it's a bit chilly out there; 6°C or so

My lift to the south arrives in an hour or so.

Comment

morning all

CBS in sunny sarf herts today

Comment

Somehow managed to get ready for the journey south. As usual, my brother's prediction of when he'd arrive to pick me up has turned out to be a little optimistic

I daresay he'll get here soon. See you later

Comment

The beef has been roasted and eaten.

It was from Morrisons and was rather nice.

For no readily apparent reason there's a saucepan of lentil <pfffft> soup on the cooker, and the fridge(s) is(are) about to be defrosted.

<hiatus>

Feck me it's taking its time to defrost.

Maybe I should do it more often.

<hiatus>

It finally defrosted about 33 seconds after Doctor Who started.

Now watching the Oak Island nutjobs digging yet more holes.

Today's filmic enjoyment was provided by "Miss Congeniality 2" with Sandra Bullock and Regina King, with William Shatner.

Miss Congeniality 2: Armed & Fabulous (2005) - IMDb

Not nearly as funny as the first one (quelle surprise), but some laugh out loud moments here and there.

My lurgy is being treated with Southern Comfort, Benylin, and some other stuff from Boots.

I suspect the Southern Comfort is doing the most.

The Oak Island nutjobs have just found an oak stump in the swamp.

The excitement is palpable.

Tea was lentil <pffffft> soup followed by stewed pears (last portion) with custard.

I seem to be getting used to the blandness of being sans NaCl.

They've just found a survey marker.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 October 2018, 20:39.

Comment

Home again

Enjoyable day, and a nice dinner; but it's good to be back

Comment

Working...
                      X